Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

End Users Unable to Export Data on Published Report

Hi,

Up until a few weeks ago, whenever I would publish a report, the end users were able to click on the elipses of a visual item and export the data.

All of a sudden, they are unable to do this. 😞

I haven't changed any settings or anything when publishing and they are using the same browser as me (I saw in some previous posts that this may be an issue, but I've ruled that out), so not sure why this has happened? Can anyone help?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I've solved it. So it would appear that it is something to do with the permissions of the App itself, rather than Power BI Service.

So what I did was to go to the workspace, and then click on 'Update App' in the top right corner. On the page that loads up, I went to the 'Permissions' tab at the top and once that has loaded, there are options at the bottom of the page that look like the ones below.

Snip 1.PNG

I simply selected the 'Allow all users to connect to the app's underlying datasets using the Build permission' and the ability to export for end users is available again.

Hope that is useful for anyone else who is having the same problem. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JMD22Si
Frequent Visitor

Figured I should reply to this topic because inspite of all the settings referenced here being correct, the elipsys was still not vieawable on the web visual. In order to have the elipsys show up, you first have to select "Edit" on the page header, then you can select the elipsys from the necessary visual.  Once the export is complete, you can select "Reading View" on the header to switch back without having to select "Save".

before "Edit"

old.jpg

After "Edit"

new.jpg

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

as a Power BI Service Admin check the tenant settings for exporting data:

image.png

If setting above are promising you can check the report settings in the workspace:

image.png

And finally the report author can restrict the export options:

image.png

Hopefully this provides some additional input.

Reagards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tom,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Unfortunately, I've tried all those suggestions, and end users are still unable to export data. See below the settings we've got at the moment.

Snip 1.PNG

Snip 2.PNG

Any other ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I've solved it. So it would appear that it is something to do with the permissions of the App itself, rather than Power BI Service.

So what I did was to go to the workspace, and then click on 'Update App' in the top right corner. On the page that loads up, I went to the 'Permissions' tab at the top and once that has loaded, there are options at the bottom of the page that look like the ones below.

Snip 1.PNG

I simply selected the 'Allow all users to connect to the app's underlying datasets using the Build permission' and the ability to export for end users is available again.

Hope that is useful for anyone else who is having the same problem. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors