Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

premdask
Frequent Visitor

Enabling Q&A on Direct Query SQL Server 2014 data

Hello All,

I have been looking for a solution for this issue on the forum for a couple of days now. I have created a couple of reports along with connected Dashboards and published them on the PowerBI service through an Enterprise Gateway connection. The data source is a local SQL Server 2014 instance on my computer connected through Direct Query. The data source is connected and working as expected on the report and the dashboard. However when trying to enable the Q&A, it does not allow me to enable it for the data source.

Below is the outcome when I try to enable Q&A on the dataset.

Untitled.png

Any help here would be much appreciated !

Thanks,

Premdas

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @premdask,

I test the scenario as yours and get the same issue. 

As stated in this article, currently, the Q&A for Direct Query feature is only available for SQL Server 2016 Analysis Services data sources.  Moreover, the Q&A for Direct Query feature is still in preview and additional data sources supported by the enterprise gateway will be rolled out during the public preview. You can also submit an idea here about your issue.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the response Lydia, I had seen this article before posting here. However noted that the article was from July 2016 so was not sure if the information on the article was still current!

Thanks,

Premdas

Hi @premdask,

The information on the article is still current. And you can submit an idea about your issue.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors