Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

phkumar
Regular Visitor

Enable front end users to extract tables with limited fields

Hi Gurus,

I have created a Powerbi dashboard and published it to a group of in our Org. The dashboard has one page that has sales information (Category, Sales Amount, Product, Month, Year, GL Description, Business Unit) etc which end users can extract locally to their system.

Some users ask me how can they remove month/GL/BU and extract the table. Because the whole datatable has more than 150,000 rows. sometimes they don't need some columns and would like to extract data with only a few columns. 

Say like just 1. Category name and Sales Amount 2. Category and GL and Sales Amount 3. BU Name and Sales etc. 

Is this possible?

Thanks, Much appreciate any help in this regard. 

1 REPLY 1
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@phkumar How are you having them export the data currently? If you create your dataset using a datamart then you can wire up a dataflow to the datamart and then your users can control what they bring in to Excel or Power BI.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors