Regular Visitor
Accepted Solution

Enable custom visuals warning

Is it possible to surpress Enable custom visuals warning when I open a report? For some existing reports I know the custom visualsare safe to use. I dont want to see warnings anymore.

Accepted Solutions

Re: Enable custom visuals warning

Perhaps submit it as an idea here: https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi

It's a small thing, but I agree that it doesn't look as nice when the custom visuals don't show.

---
In Wisconsin? Join the Microsoft BI Professionals - Wisconsin group.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

@billzhang1123 My guess is that it is a "cya" thing because they are essentially 3rd party visuals that are continuing to be used in the service. So even though you do vet them, or know they are safe, if you share the visual the end user would still need to accept...

Near SE WI? Join our PUG MSBIWI
Regular Visitor

what about no more warning after being accepted once until a change is made to the custom vistuals?

It's quite annoying to see error in the visuals and warning on the top at the intial display.

Perhaps submit it as an idea here: https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi

It's a small thing, but I agree that it doesn't look as nice when the custom visuals don't show.

---
Regular Visitor

We cannot have business users accepting the custom visual everytime they open a dashboard.  We defintely need a way to 'accept' for good.

Frequent Visitor

I agree it's annoying and should have some sort of a "save for good" option (though envisioning how it would work to save it as a "per user configuration" seems not that simple). Add to this that even when you remove all trace of custom visuals the warning STILL appears and there's no way to remove it! Smiley Sad

I really think what should happen is that Microsoft should do the basic safety checking on the custom visuals before they are uploaded to the gallery, it doesn't seem like that much work at all and in fact custom visuals ALREADY go through a review process by MS (so I wonder what that entails). Don't test them, all right, but simply assure they are safe... doesn't seem like too much to ask given most don't have that much code!

Regular Visitor

Another issue with this is that I decided to remove the custom visual becuase it was worrying users, but the warning remains after it has been removed.  That's even more annoying.

Regular Visitor

How did you remove the custom visual from the gallery for your app? I have not found that to be an intuitive thing to do.

Side note: On Twitter over the weekend, Amir said this warning would be going away:

https://twitter.com/AmirNetz/status/663072786936500224

"Relief is on the way Arthur. We are working on a solution that will eliminate the warning completely. In a couple of weeks..."

---
Regular Visitor

That is good news. It was the 1st time I clicked the new 'Like' button on Twitter since it replaced the 'favorite'  Smiley Happy