Did you mean: 
bobrin Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Enable custom visuals warning

Still seems to be lingering.... 

jondeck24 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Will probably come out in the next update in a few weeks - they must not have been able to fit it into the last update so its still there.

Bjoern Established Member
Established Member

The december update for PBI desktop will definitely take a while. I would suppose that we will soon see it for the Web Service, as the product manager (Lukasz, Will?) has already responded to it. 😉

gjadal Member

Is this warning removal fix implemented? I still see the warning and my users are agitated with it.

Rasmusrock Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

In my experience, this has been fixed, so that you only have to accept the warning once.

kcantor Super Contributor
Super Contributor

I have removed all custom visuals for now as this "fix" is still not working for me. I have tried multiple browsers but it seems to linger. I have submitted a tick and 'Brad Spieker-Doyle' was assisting me but I have not heard from him since Feb 2. His last reply was that he would be filing a 'bug' for the issue but I have had no further contact from him. I sent another email yesterday requesting a follow up. I will post here when I hear back from him.

In my situation, I use Mozilla for daily use. I have selected enable custom visuals in both IE and Chrome but the warning returns once the browser is closed. My report users access through different browsers as well and they were enabling custom visuals each time they visited the report. I will not be re-adding the visuals until this is corrected as the reports are for the leadership team.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

greggyb New Contributor
New Contributor

@kcantor, see this thread for a way to purge the custom visuals from a .pbix. Only partial solution, but hopefully alleviates some frustration presently.

Highlighted
kcantor Super Contributor
Super Contributor

My test visual has maintained it enabled status. I may have to list this as solved on my machine.

EDIT: The enable visual is finally gone but the visual itself is no longer working.

I am using the scrolling ticker tape visual.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 124 members 1,444 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: