Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Enable Publish to web for external users

Hi,

I have a scenario where I have invited external users into our Power BI tenant through Azure AD B2B. The setting of Azure B2B guest users can edit and manage content in the organization has been enabled for the invited users. And it works, just as the documentation describes.

But they cannot see the Publish to web-option. I cannot find anything in the documentation that says external users cannot publish to web. Also, I don't have access to the Power BI Admin portal, so I can't do any testing on my own. But it seems like it should be possible to enable only specific users or groups to use the Publish to web-functionality. Does anyone know if it is possible to allow external users to publish to web?

Regards,
Sturla

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sturlaws ,

Publish to web is available for reports we can edit in our personal and group workspaces for now. For your scenario, it hits the limitation :

• Reports shared to you directly or through an organizational content pack.

For more details, you can reference : Publish to web from Power BI

For a workaround, you could publish to web by yourself and then share the link to them.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sturlaws ,

Publish to web is available for reports we can edit in our personal and group workspaces for now. For your scenario, it hits the limitation :

• Reports shared to you directly or through an organizational content pack.

For more details, you can reference : Publish to web from Power BI

For a workaround, you could publish to web by yourself and then share the link to them.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors