Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MattMalouf
Frequent Visitor

Embedding problems on sharepoint

Can anybody help me out with this problem. I'm creating an embed code to publish to web.

Then going to sharepoint site, selecting embed code in edit mode.

For some reason I get this greyed out square but if I choose to go full screen it allows me to see the report

All other reports i've performed this function with have worked.

The only difference I can tell is that my data source for this one is excel while the others pull data from sharepoint lists.

Sharepoint Problem.PNG

10 REPLIES 10
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @MattMalouf

When you are using the Embed code, are you using the resolution Embed code or the native Embed code?

The reasolution Embed Code has got the resultion size as part of the code. As shown below with "Html you can paste into your blog or website"

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I'm using the HTML and have adjusted the size to trial if that was the problem.

Unfortunately no luck

Not really sure, what version of SharePoint are you running?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I dont know. SharepointOnline

Embeded code not working.PNG

Here's a view of the embed code and how the report looks completely greyed out. The only way to view the report is to go fullscreen.

I'd appreciate any help with this problem

Hi @MattMalouf,

As @lianjim mentioned above, this issue occurs on SharePoint that uses IE 10 document mode, as Power BI supports Internet Explorer 11 and above.

Currently, the workaround is running IE11 in standard mode for the Power BI site rather than in IE10 compat mode. Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi,

We are having the same issue, despite using IE11. The SharePoint is on premises and it doesn't matter whether I embed the iframe html or use a webpart.

Once I click the share link the new tab shows the report without issue.

Morgan

Hi,

Any new information in this subject?

We are waiting for Microsoft because our dashboards aren't working...

morgen
Frequent Visitor

Since the change to the power BI licensing, which now requires a Pro license to share and collaberate, this feature will only work if the report has been made publically available. If that's ok, it'll still only work at the moment with a work around. This workaround will disable the ability to open Sharepoint libraries in Explorer view. This is a popular feature for our users, so this is out. I think Microsoft are keen for users to interact with PowerBI in the online Power BI environment or via the app on mobile devices, which is how we will be using it. It would be nice to dispaly a Dashboard on our SharePoint intranet, but looks like we'll have to wait for that.

I'm having the same issue. 

This issue occurs after the recent update of PowerBI I think.

Embedded PowerBI doesn't work in default SharePoint as of this moment. SharePoint forces IE to use IE10 browser rendering, you can test it by pressing F12 on your keyboard, and try to change the browser rendering from "10" to "11", the page will refresh and PowerBI will work. 

To solve this without waiting for Microsoft, you can add this meta in the SharePoint masterpage to force the SharePoint to use IE11 rendering.

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=11" />

But this comes with huge drawback, your document library's "Open with Explorer" won't be able to work. 

I hope Microsoft will solve this issue, although the supported IE for PowerBI is actually 11+. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors