Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Embedding in SharePoint Online not loading

Hi all- I'm trying to put together a Sharepoint page with a Power BI report embedded, but the report never loads. The Power BI logo just keeps flashing.

I'm using the embed code provided in the online service (under File>"Embed in SharePoint Online").

I've tried in the latest versions of Edge and Chrome, and I don't believe it to be a licensing issue, as I am the owner of both the SharePoint site and the Power BI report.

Any tips are much appreciated. Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Facing the same issue . Is there any solution .

Thanks in Adavnce

jmalone
Resolver III
Resolver III

I had a similar issue (Power BI logo flashing, report never loading). For me, the reason was because I was trying to add Sharepoint web part using the "embed"option, rather than scrolling down to the "Power BI" option (shown in screenshot). I then pasted the regular page URL into the web part settings, and the report rendered just fine.

2020-01-06 09_45_01-Embed with report web part in SharePoint Online - Power BI _ Microsoft Docs.png

Just wanted to mention that it works fine with Embed Sharepoint Online in our environment now. As far as I know we havent changed anything. 

pbi.png

The users looking at the report sadly needs Pro licence, not a solution for exposing reports to all employees on the intranet etc.. 😞 
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-embed-report-spo

Skane

We too are having the same problem where the logo just keeps on blinking and the report does not show up in SharePoint Online.

Do we need to have either of the EM SKUs (EM1-EM3) or P SKUs (P1-P3) licenses to embed the report in SharePoint?

We have Pro license currently and the pro license user himself cant see the report embeded in SharePoint online where he is the site admin.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

It works wonderfully in Chrome. So IE and BI seem to be incompatible. Sad!

Why would anyone use IE in 2019, even Microsoft recommend you avoid using it. 

Embedding Power BI in Sharepoint Online does not work in Chrome here 😞 

venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Can you please check it initially in "Power BI Service", is this showing "Almost Done" while loading a report.

If it is not the case, try to re-load the browser and let us know.(embedded report browser)

Reports work just fine in powerbi.com, mobile app etc...  But embed to sharepoint online does not 😞 

fenixen
Advocate II
Advocate II

Same problem.. just flashes forever.. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Similar issue continues to exist.

Is this issue fixed or has anyone found out the resolution?

Regards,

Chetan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not fixed. the only workaround is using Chrome as it is the solution to most IE problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same started happening to me a couple of days ago. No resolution yet

Edwillie
Regular Visitor

Hi All.

I am facing the same here.

Are there any advice or steps to follow to perform some troubleshooting?

tks in advance for any information.

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

As the online document, I cannot reproduce your issue here. What's more, users viewing a report in SharePoint need either a Power BI Pro license or the content needs to be in a workspace that's in a Power BI Premium capacity (EM or P SKU).

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @Anonymous,

Has your issue been solved? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case. If any other question, feel free to let me know please.

Regards,
Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors