Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dinesh123
Helper II
Helper II

Embedding Powerbi report

Hi all,

I'm embedding Powerbi report in client's frontend with Embedded RLS, but after embedding the powerBI report in client's portal  alignments of filters and visuals are miss aligned. However, in Powerbi Service the alignment is correct. 

5 REPLIES 5
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi, there are three ways of embedding.

- Publish to Web: The one that can't use security (rls). Your data will be public.

- Embed to web site: a link similar to publish to web but requires login allowing the same features as Service.

- Embed analytics: the deepest way of embed, you must develop a web app that controls all around the power bi reports. It has javascript integrations. It requires a PowerBi Dedicated Capacity License.

If you are using the first one, then you won't be able to change it. If it's a different one, we could talk about it.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hi@ibarrau

We are using Java integration for RLS, but the issue is filters and visuals allignments are changing after integration powerbi report to client portal.

What do you mean with filters? is that a front end filter or an RLS filter?

Visual alignments are weird because if you embed the whole report it should match with the one at power bi service.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

I mean Frontend report slicers. Height and width of slicers and visuals are changing after embeding to portal. 

Currently, we are using free trail does it effect alignments?

It sounds like a front end issue and not a power bi one. We have build some embedded years ago without any problem. When you embed the whole report it should look like the one at service.

You can check this web site to try your report inside that one and check the code in case it works

https://playground.powerbi.com/en-us/

I hope that helps,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors