cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlanda Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Embedding Power bi report and tile in different sections of a portal using the same API key

I have a report which is embedded to a portal and it uses row level security to show data depending on the user that logged in. However I would like to add a tile in another place but keep the RLS filtering, do I need to create a new report and API key in azure and set RLS once again just for that new tile? Or can I embedd the two elements in different sections of the UI using the same setup? If so, how would I go about it?

1 REPLY 1
v-jiascu-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Showing percentage and number values in radial gauge at the same time

Hi @mlanda,

The RLS works on the dataset. So are the contents of the new tile from the same old dataset? If so, I think you don't need to set RLS once more. But a new report could be necessary because the tile could be from the report. Please refer to power-bi/developer/embedded-row-level-security

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 80 members 1,247 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: