Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jasondefaoite
Advocate I
Advocate I

Embedded reports pbi-status-bar removal

Running reports in the office displayed on TVs. Visually the reports are 'dark mode' and are displayed full screen using 16:9 aspect ratio. Reports hosted on app.powerbi.com.

We use  &navContentPaneEnabled=false to remove the white navigation bar at the bottom of the screen. Has been working fine for months. 

This morning we have a new bar on the bottom of the display showing the page number. Results in a white bar on the bottom, but also on the left/right of the display as the report scales to maintain the 16:9 aspect ratio. 

There is a new element loaded in the html ... 'pbi-status-bar'. Does anyone know if there is a way to stop this from loading in a similar manner to the navContentPane ?

Currently using an adblocker to remove it but I'd prefer a more official method.

7 REPLIES 7
Ngonlop
Regular Visitor

Hi, they have found any solution ?

majam
Employee
Employee

Try this flag below if you are using embedding. I’m still trying to find a URL query string parameter equivalent.

const newSettings = {
    panes: {
        filters: {
            visible: false
        },
        pageNavigation: {
        }
    },
     bars: {
            statusBar: {
            }
        }

};
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jasondefaoite ,

You may refer to this blog to learn how to customize Power BI embedded frame.

For reference:

Customizing PowerBI report in Power Apps Portal

The height of the element is 600 px by default.

You can customize the height and width of Power BI report by code as below.

.powerbi{
height:85vh
}

Here is a post with similar requirement like yours, I hope it could help you.

For reference:

How to remove the border of an embedded power bi report

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-luwang-msft 
Thanks for the reply. However, you are missing the root issue. Previously, inclusion of the URL query string "&navContentPaneEnabled=false" would hide the navigation pane at the bottom which included the report tabs along with the pagination status container that displays "Page N of N". Since a recent update, the pagination status container is no longer hidden.

This is causing multiple issues such as irrelevant and unwanted pagination status being displayed, as well as changing the aspect ratio of the entire embedded report, since the pagination status changes the overall size of the embedded report. The proper fix is not found in changing viewport window settings. The proper fix is to hide the pagination status container, as it was before. Please see the attached image.

PBI_Pagination.png

AJMChris
Advocate I
Advocate I

We need to be able to disable this. MSFT Please advise. @v-cazheng-msft

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, MS made some kind of change recently that now does not hide this status bar using &navContentPaneEnabled=false. Pretty typical though.

tbowman
Advocate I
Advocate I

+1.  This is creating an issue with the aspect ratio of embedding Power BI reports in a PowerApp.  MSFT needs to release documentation on an official way to disable this, or disable it by default.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors