Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sliccster
Regular Visitor

Embedded report requires me to click on widgets to use them

I have a report embedded on my website. It works fine, but when I click on a widget, e.g. a slicer, the first click seems to activate the slicer and a second click is then required to show the list of items in the slicer. I notice this does not happen on the demo pages (where only a single click is required):

https://microsoft.github.io/PowerBI-JavaScript/demo/v2-demo/index.html#

I cannot see what is different between the demo page and my app. Can anyone tell me how to make it such that only a single click is required?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It seems this is caused by me requesting the report in mobile view. Switching to desktop view stop the second click issue.

I had chosen mobile view, as this view allowed the UI to switch between views (landscape/portrait) dynamically without having to reload the report. In desktop view if the user resizes the browser page, the report shrinks shrinks rather than switch between views.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @sliccster,

It sounds like a focus issue rather than embedded iframe itself. Your visualization contents has lost focus, so you need to click twice.(one click to active visual, second click choose item)

I think you can direct click on slicer items after first double click, right?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

If I click on one slicer it selects the slicer, the next clicks allows me to use the slicer. If I click the background of the report (but still definitely within the report), then the slicer loses focus and I must click on the slicer again to give it focus before I use it.

The same behaviour happens if I click on a slicer, then click on another slicer. Any time that I leave a slicer it loses focus and must be clicked on again to gain focus before being used. This does not happen on the demo pages in the link above. In the demo the slicers (or whatever type of visual) always seem to have focus and do not need to be clicked on before being used.

Does nobody know how to prevent this clicking twice issue?

It seems this is caused by me requesting the report in mobile view. Switching to desktop view stop the second click issue.

I had chosen mobile view, as this view allowed the UI to switch between views (landscape/portrait) dynamically without having to reload the report. In desktop view if the user resizes the browser page, the report shrinks shrinks rather than switch between views.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors