Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rob_Morris
Helper I
Helper I

Embedded report asks users to sign in?

I'm new to Power BI so apologies if this is a straight forward question.

I've got a report set up in Power BI that I want to share with managers.   I've got a link to this set up, however whenever I share this link with managers it keeps coming up with an authentication page asking them to sign in to power bi.

They don't have power BI - but what I want to do is be able to produce something / host it online that I can share with managers for them to interrogate the data.

Is this possible?  And if so, how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rob_Morris,

AFAIK, power bi p2p share feature requires Pro license to use. (both sender and receiver)

Ways to collaborate and share in Power BI 

Power BI service features by license type 

If you want to share them without pro license, you can consider using 'publish to web' then power bi will generate a public link point to these contents. (notice: this feature share your contents without any security settings, everyone who know the link can be viewed)

Publish to web from Power BI 

If your tenant has premium license, you can also assign your contents to premium capacity then these contents can be viewed without a pro license.

Power BI Premium FAQ 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rob_Morris,

AFAIK, power bi p2p share feature requires Pro license to use. (both sender and receiver)

Ways to collaborate and share in Power BI 

Power BI service features by license type 

If you want to share them without pro license, you can consider using 'publish to web' then power bi will generate a public link point to these contents. (notice: this feature share your contents without any security settings, everyone who know the link can be viewed)

Publish to web from Power BI 

If your tenant has premium license, you can also assign your contents to premium capacity then these contents can be viewed without a pro license.

Power BI Premium FAQ 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi, the only way to share something in Power Bi without license for the people that shares and are shared is with the feature "Publish To Web". If your tenant (Power Bi Admin Configuration) allows it, that will generate a public link like the one you are trying to use right now. You should know it's a public link, that means that sensitive data shouldn't be shared that way because there is no security. Any person with the link can see the data.

You can always export to pdf or ppt and send to them if you are just showing a mock up.

Hope that helps

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors