Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Embedded playground for paginated reports

Is there an Embedded playground for paginated reports?

6 REPLIES 6
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Markzolotoy ,

Paginated Report in Power BI Service belongs to Power BI Service forum. 

Can I help you move this post to the Power BI Service forum?

And about your question, the answer is that you can publish and share paginated reports in your My Workspace or in other workspaces, as long as the workspace is in a Power BI Premium capacity and you have write access to the workspace.

Prerequisites

Reference: What are paginated reports in Power BI Premium? - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Paginated reports in Power BI: FAQ - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes, I have a PPU license and I have a workspace that I can publish my reports to. How do I share a report? What kind of license people I am sharing with would need?

Thanks

Hi  @Markzolotoy , 

After you published a paginated report to the Power BI Service, you can share the report as follows.

People being shared do not need a license and can be free users.

vstephenmsft_1-1644994394179.png

About the license I think you may also need to refer to this article to learn more.

License type Not in Premium capacity Premium capacity
Free Use as a personal sandbox where you create content for yourself and interact with that content. A free license is a great way to try out the Power BI service. You can't consume content from anyone else or share your content with others 1 Interact with content assigned to Premium capacity and shared with you. Free, Premium per-user, and Pro users can collaborate without requiring the free users to have Pro accounts.
Pro Collaborate with Premium per-user and Pro users by creating and sharing content. Collaborate with free, Premium per user, and Pro users by creating and sharing content.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sharing the way you are showing creates an URL that I can run in the Browser. Can I run this url from c# code using HttpClient? Also if I first sign out from Powerbi.com and then run that link I am prompted to choose an account. Is that correct?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Yeah, but there is no playground, right? No way to test it without having Embedded capacity?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors