Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Embedded dashboard not loading in Chrome

Hello all,

I have a PowerBI dashboard embedded into a website and for some reason I'm getting this error in the Chrome Browser:

WouterVork_1-1656339283927.png

In other browsers (I've tried Edge and Firefox) the dashboard works perfectly fine. I'm kind of lost on why this is happening, hopefully someone can provide some insight.

Regards,

Wouter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

If you only have this problem with specific browser, then this issue is caused by something related to the browser itself. When browser communicates with Power BI service for user data, cookie will be used to identify user and record individual’s browser history. Cookie will expire as well. When it happens, you will encounter some access issues. But it can be removed by clear cookie and try again. HTTP cookie - Wikipedia

@acbg @jcarville @aloire 

But if this issue takes place no matter what browser is used and clear cookie is not useful, you could check with your colleagues whether they will encounter any Embed issue like you.

If all of you have this problem, it is possible that your Power BI service admin has disabled the embed activities. Please ask the admin whether they disable the features like Publish to Web, Embed content in apps.

If this issue is specific on you, you need check whether your account is proper, whether you have required license to view the account and whether you have sufficient permission to view the content. For there are different kinds of embed strategies, you could refer corresponding official document to help you troubleshoot your problem.

Here are some official documents my help you.

Publish to web from Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Embed a report in a secure portal or website - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Embed a report web part in SharePoint Online - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

If you only have this problem with specific browser, then this issue is caused by something related to the browser itself. When browser communicates with Power BI service for user data, cookie will be used to identify user and record individual’s browser history. Cookie will expire as well. When it happens, you will encounter some access issues. But it can be removed by clear cookie and try again. HTTP cookie - Wikipedia

@acbg @jcarville @aloire 

But if this issue takes place no matter what browser is used and clear cookie is not useful, you could check with your colleagues whether they will encounter any Embed issue like you.

If all of you have this problem, it is possible that your Power BI service admin has disabled the embed activities. Please ask the admin whether they disable the features like Publish to Web, Embed content in apps.

If this issue is specific on you, you need check whether your account is proper, whether you have required license to view the account and whether you have sufficient permission to view the content. For there are different kinds of embed strategies, you could refer corresponding official document to help you troubleshoot your problem.

Here are some official documents my help you.

Publish to web from Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Embed a report in a secure portal or website - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Embed a report web part in SharePoint Online - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Hi @v-cazheng-msft,

The issue @jcarville was having was caused by an update that had been deployed to the service a few days ago. I am a colleague of his, and we raised a support ticket on which it was confirmed that something had been broken and has since been fixed (as of yesterday) so the issue is now resolved for us.

Thanks, 

Richard

Thank you Richard, I confirm problem disappeared.

You support was quicker than mine 🙂

Hi @RCampbell,

That's great! Thanks for your reply!

Best Regards,

acbg
Resolver III
Resolver III

Same here and in North America

jcarville
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Same issue in our North Europe tenant

aloire
Regular Visitor

Thank you, that is also what support suggested to me but that is not a solution...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently I had to allow third party cookies on the website and even then I had to delete my cookies on the app.powerbi.com website. After that, it worked. No clue what was going on.

aloire
Regular Visitor

same here.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors