Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

D3K
Advocate II
Advocate II

Embedded code is not working

Hi everyone!

Today I've faced to the next problem: report is not loading properly, when trying to go to it via embeded code. Yesterday (and for a year before) everything was OK. 

And 2 interesting things:

1. I have a few co-workers, who has access to their reports via embedded link. 3 of them still has no problems, but another 2 - can't get an access. Just a blinking PowerBI logo on the screen.

2. When they open it via their profile page, everything works fine.

Also, me as the report owner, can see reports, using the same embedded code, but that users are not...

I've tried to re-upload reports and even upload another report and share it with these 2 users, but they still can't see it via embedded link, but, as I've told before, they can see it in their profile pages.

Any ideas? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

PS. As I see on this forum page, I'm not the one with the same issue

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @D3K ,

There are several points you may considerate:

• The report is shown only to users who have permission to view the report in Power BI. All row level security (RLS) rules are also applied. Lastly, the user needs to be correctly licensed – either they need a Power BI Pro license, or the report must be in a workspace that is in a Power BI Premium capacity.
  • If you are using an Office 365 Group, you can list the users as a member of the app workspace within the Power BI service. For more information, see how to manage an app workspace.
  • The user will need to sign-in to view the report whenever they open a new browser window.
  • Some browsers require you to refresh the page after sign-in, especially when using InPrivate or InCognito modes.
  • To achieve a single sign-on experience, use the Embed in SharePoint Online option, or build a custom integration using the User Owns Data approach. Learn more about User owns data
  • The automatic authentication capability provided with the Embed option does not work with the Power BI JavaScript API. For the Power BI JavaScript API, use the User Owns Data approach to embedding. Learn more about User owns data
  • Secure embed does not support paginated reports or dashboards.
  • Embedding in Portals for Azure B2B users is not yet supported.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xicai , thanks for your attetion.

But all that points, that you've mentioned before, are OK. That problem users are Pro, everything is good with RLS, they are logged in and so on.

As I've noticed, they can see their reports, when going to their profile Power BI page and using "shared with me". Reports are opening and rendering with absolutely no problems. But when they are trying to open "secure embedded" link in another window - it's not loading.

And it happened to 2 different users in one moment, nothing were changed in their settings. And other users are still able to use straight embedded links. 

I have absolutely no idea, what happend. Can only connect it to the global problems with access to reports on the last week 5th of December...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors