Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

John-Mitchell

Embedded Reports Stopped Working

We have a number of PowerBI embedded reports in both the US and the UK regions.  They were working just fine (as of Friday 24 June, 2022).  Now all reports I have tested (several in each region) are all coming up with the message "This content isn't available."  The reports work just fine when I log into PowerBI directly and view the report; the data is updated, etc. it just does not work in our embedded application.  The application in which the reports are embedded have not changed; the reports just ceased functioning.  Is anybody else experiencing this issue?  I believe PowerBI just recently rolled out some changes so I wonder if they broken the javascript in some manner?  No errors in the console log, etc.  Iv'e checked my app password and that hasn't expired.  Any clues before I open a ticket with MS??

8 REPLIES 8
BehrensSCom
Frequent Visitor

Confirmed, fixed since 29th of June 2022

BehrensSCom
Frequent Visitor

A temporary not-that-intrusive workaround:

If your web app, which embeds Power BI reports, is located under my-cool-app.com, then allow cookies for this domain and "Third party cookies of that website" (or, in Firefox, especially app.powerbi.com):

(The texts have been translated from German, so they may differ in English, slightly)

• MS Edge: Settings -> Cookies and website permissions -> Allow -> Add -> my-cool-app.com + "Include third party cookies from this website" option
  • Chrome: Settings -> Data privacy and security -> Cookies and other website data -> Custom settings -> Add -> my-cool-app.com + "Include third party cookies from this website" option
  • Firefox: Settings -> Data privacy and security -> Cookies and website data -> Manage exceptions -> add my-cool-app.com and app.powerbi.com using "Allow"

Regards,

The B

BehrensSCom
Frequent Visitor

Same here, Western Europe.

It seems to be reproducible in Chrome, incognito mode (as stated before) - Chrome 100.0.4896.127 64 bit. While for me it works in MS Edge in normal and incognito mode (MS Edge: 103.0.1264.37 64 bit) we have reports by users that MS Edge also does not work (exact version unknown).

It also works for me in both modes in Firefox (101.0.1 32 bit and 91.10.0esr 32 bit).

Regards,
The B

John-Mitchell

I believe what has changed on the PowerBI side of things is that they now require third party cookies.  If I do NOT allow third party cookies (I'm running Edge with third party cookies disabled), it does not work.  If I allow third party cookies on the site, it works.  Not sure what they've done, but I've updated my support ticket so maybe I'll get back some info... they haven't responded for hours so I'm not hopeful.

John-Mitchell

I've raised a support ticket; I'll update this if I hear anything useful.  Odd it just happened as well -- I suspect they updated their javascript and broken something!

jcarville
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Same issue in our North Europe tenant

Same issue here since at least yesterday (27 June). No changes made on our side and suddenly users started getting the "This content isn't available" error. North Europe tenant.

Edit: Issue only happens when end user is in Incognito mode in their browser.

FYI, according to my support rep, they have released a fix for this.  Can you folks give it a go again and see if it works now without the third party cookie workaround?  (it worked for me)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors