Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

V3GAS
Helper I
Helper I

Embedded Report works in Chrome and not in IE 11

A report that I embedded into an on-premises SharePoint page displays perfectly in Chrome, but not in IE 11. (The company's current PC image uses Windows 7.) 

Chrome page with embedded report.PNG

IE page with embedded report.PNG

What is more strange is that when viewing the report using the Power BI Web App (app.powerbi.com), both browsers display all reports. So, it would seem this issue is only pertaining to embedded reports using IE. 

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V3GAS
Helper I
Helper I

Herbert,

Thanks for the information and the reference to this post

After confirming that the *.microsoft.com site and adding *app.powerbi.com site to IE's Trusted Sites list, the report is now displayed in IE.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
V3GAS
Helper I
Helper I

Herbert,

Thanks for the information and the reference to this post

After confirming that the *.microsoft.com site and adding *app.powerbi.com site to IE's Trusted Sites list, the report is now displayed in IE.

earg73
Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing this issue and none of the solutions mentioned works.

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@V3GAS

If you know the url of the embedded report, you can add that url to IE’s Trusted sites. If you don’t know the specific url, please try to add https://*.powerbi.com and see if it works.

Best Regards,

Herbert

V3GAS
Helper I
Helper I

I saw that post, but it was not clear on what URLs need to be added to IE's Trusted Websites list or where to find the URLs:

"You can see the needed websites to be added to Trusted websites from source of the problem page. I think there was 2 sites (something like download.microsoft.com and *powerbi* something)."

Could you please clarify?

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@V3GAS

Could you please try the solution mentioned in this post to see if it helps.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors