Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jefffenn
Regular Visitor

Embed in Teams

Hi,

I'm trying to use the new Embed url feature and embed Power BI in Teams.  It works in a web browser when using Teams, but does not work when using the Windows Teams client.  Has anyone been able to get this to work?  It just keeps asking me to sign in, pops a browser window, closes the browser window and returns me to teams.

The reason to use the Embed url is so we can pre-filter the report.  The Power BI Teams app doesn't allow for filtering.

Thanks,

-Jeff

4 REPLIES 4
Stand
Frequent Visitor

I can confirm we are experiencing the same issue. Click Sign in will pop up an edge widow but the auth thoken is never returned to Teams Desktop client. This works fine if using the browser version of Teams.

We are trying to use a PoweBi iframe within a personal teams app built in react. 

hariharasudan31

I do face same issue.
Any solutions ? It works in teams on browser and not in teams desktop installed app
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jefffenn,

As the online document, after you embed your URL in your web portal, or if you open the URL directly, the user is authenticated before given access to the report. Below, the user has not signed-in to Power BI in the browser session. When they press Sign-In, a new browser window or tab may need to open. Check for pop-up blockers if you don't get prompted to sign in.

Sign in to view this report

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

@Frank,

Thanks for the feedack, but I don't think that is the issue.

When clicking the Sign-In button on the page within Teams (Windows App), Edge opens and signs in.  However, it then goes back to teams back to the same sign-in screen.

However, if you use the Teams app in a browser window, you can sign-in and then the Power BI report will display.

I belive there is an issue with the Teams Windows App.

-Jeff

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors