Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andris_
Resolver I
Resolver I

Embed Secure Power BI reports

Hi everyone and happy Monday!

I was glad to read last week that the Microsoft team announced a 3rd type of embedding besides Embed in SP Online and Publish to web - the Embed secure (Easily embed secure Power BI reports in your internal portals or websites - post about the announcement).

But unfortunately, I can not find the new Embed option at Power BI Service (I have a pro licence).embed secure.png

Does anybody know what could be the problem? Is it not implemented globally, yet?

Thanks,

Andris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@andris_@Powerhelp,

Have confirmed from PG, seems like this feature will come soon.

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@andris_@Powerhelp,

Have made a test and also can't found the new security embed option(still the old version) on my side. And I have asked PG about this issue, will update here once I got any response.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Powerhelp
Frequent Visitor

Hello Andris,

Are you able to see "Publish to web" option? cause from my end I can no longer since this week

@andris_@Powerhelp,

Have confirmed from PG, seems like this feature will come soon.

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-yuta-msft,

Thank you, the embed option is already there for me!

embed.png

Regards,

Andris

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andris,

I a using PowerBI desktop and exploring it.

I need to check whether the reports which we build using PBI can be published into our internal poertals or any public websites. There is 'Embed" feature which helps me to solve this.

Currently i dont see taht feature in my screen.

How to get that feature enabled> Should i ned to have license for it to see and test?

Please help!

Thanks,

Roh

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes, you need a Power BI Pro licence. If you have it, you can publish your reports to Power BI Service, where you can find the "Embed" function.

Regards,

Andris

Hi Andris,

Indeed if you have a registered Power BI Pro license then
the the new Embed option should indeed be available under File menu when you select a report.
I first couldn't see the new Embed option menu at first then I realized I may have been running on expired trial version... [sigh]
So I switched to another account and there is was...

Still I wanted to go a bit further and tested how it could work in real context environment. So I decided to test
it in a Blazor + Electron - Contoso University Demo code [originally created by lohithgn] I found on Github and which I had decided to refactor and upgrade to make it Electron compatible.
The whole was re-built all from scratch using Visual Studio Code and adding Electron library features.

So launching the app went straight forward. I then clicked on PBIEmbed menu option whicha sked me to Sign In.
PBIEmbedSignIn.png

Then all I needed to do was entering an authorized username and password. And Voila!
PBIEmbedBlazorDemo.png

Yeeeeees!Smiley Happy  All this is running inside Blazor + Electron app folks So yes it can be done. 

Some may argue it may not be 100% perfect but still I believe this new option will fill a big gap. Thank you Microsoft.

hi @Powerhelp,

Yes, I attached a picture to my post from the File menu, you can find there the "Publish to web" option. Basically, it's the old File menu.

Regards,

Andris

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors