Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rommel20
Resolver I
Resolver I

Embed Report to CRM Form with Filtering

Hi Team,

Is there anyone here to have an idea how to filter Power BI report CRM form. So for example, I embed the report in Account Form, so if I go to Account --> "TestAccountName", then the form it will show the Power Report with filtered data  (Account = "TestAccountName")

Embedding Power BI to form

http://www.toplinestrategies.com/blogs/bi/embedding-powerbi-report-crm-form

Filtering Power BI

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/filter-a-report-with-a-url-query-string-parameter/

account.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rommel20,

For your scenario, URL filter feature may suitable for your requirement, but current URL fitler feature not works on 'publish to web' reports.

In my opinion, you can try to use power bi embedded report with URL filter.

Filter a report using query string parameters in the URL

Power BI Embedded

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

yeah, but my problem is were using Power BI Report Server, how is that?

HI @rommel20,

>>yeah, but my problem is were using Power BI Report Server, how is that?

Maybe you can refer to below article:

Quickstart: Embed a report using an iFrame

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thansk!  @v-shex-msft

yeah, i think i have a big problem since in Power BI Report Server, we cant add filter on its link unlike report on cloud (app.powerbi.com)

HI @rommel20,

It seems like that query string only allow embed parameter and not available as url filter.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Good afternoon! We are basically looking for the same feature... we are looking how to embed a power bi chart inside a CRM account, and filtered by the account.

We saw that "Publish to Web" option encodes the URL making it imposible to use with filters, don't now if this is being developed or not.

We also saw that using the internal URL with the filter option in the URL does not display when rendering from CRM Online...

Does anyone know how to make it work?

Thanks in advance!

Data analytics supporter !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors