Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sfx_

Embed PowerBI Dashboards in Applications - Concise Pricing Information Needed

Hello Guys,

I am a data analyst and I have been using powerBI to create dashboards that I have been copying and pasting to powerpoint as reports for management and other stakeholders for quite sometime now. Finally, my company is ready to move forward with the purchase of powerBi Pro Licences so that we can use them inhouse. We are a startup tech company and our major pain point is that we want to be able to embed interactive powerBI dashboards for end users of our application to view and interact with. Now, I have seen different posts where they have talked about pricing but it has not been concise enough for me.

We don't want to go for the powerBI premium option. We want to pay for about 10 users (for a start) and then work our way up as the need arises, my question is this: can we still use powerBI embedded with powerBI Pro Licenses only? If so, can anyone be kind enough to provide a (rough) break down of all possible costs associated with this feature so that I can advise my company accordingly?

Please get back to me in time. This is an urgent inquiry. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sfx_ ,

Power BI Pro is the per-user subscription for Power BI,it costs $9.99 USD per user per month.

With Power BI Pro you can use all other methods of sharing except Power BI Embedded (which comes through different licensing option).collaborate-share 

The important thing to know is that even for consuming a Power BI content shared with you, you need to be part of a paid subscription (the only exception is if you have access to a published to web Power BI content which is free).

The total cost of Power BI Embedded depends on the node type chosen and the number of nodes deployed.You can choose to pay by hour or by month.This licensing plan is not per user because there is no Power BI user required for embedding with a token. This licensing plan is based on page renders.

power-bi-embedded-pricing-details 

pricing-calculator 

If you need help with billing or subscription management, sign in to create and manage support requests.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sfx_ ,

Power BI Pro is the per-user subscription for Power BI,it costs $9.99 USD per user per month.

With Power BI Pro you can use all other methods of sharing except Power BI Embedded (which comes through different licensing option).collaborate-share 

The important thing to know is that even for consuming a Power BI content shared with you, you need to be part of a paid subscription (the only exception is if you have access to a published to web Power BI content which is free).

The total cost of Power BI Embedded depends on the node type chosen and the number of nodes deployed.You can choose to pay by hour or by month.This licensing plan is not per user because there is no Power BI user required for embedding with a token. This licensing plan is based on page renders.

power-bi-embedded-pricing-details 

pricing-calculator 

If you need help with billing or subscription management, sign in to create and manage support requests.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors