Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Embed Power BI report in an SP site open for everyone

Hi!

I have a SharePoint site which is open for everyone in the organization. I wish to embed a Power BI report on that site using the Power BI web part. How can I give everyone permissions to see the report? I have several thousands of users in my organization, so giving them access to the workspace is not an option. I have tried to package my report into an app and share that with the entire organization, but in order to see the report on the SP site the user must first install the app. I am also not keen to push out the app. I simply want in PowerBI what I easily can do in SP, that is, give access to everyone inside the organization but not outside of it. Does anyone know if this is even possible?

Regards, Helena

2 REPLIES 2
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

It is an interesting case you have there. Be sure to understand that using sharepoint is almost the same about license in Power Bi. You need pro account to see the report in sharepoint or a free in case the workspace has purchased capacity.

Knowing this we can check possibilities.

Publishing the app maybe the only way to massively share a report. There is a way to avoid the user installing the app. Check this articule:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-create-distribute-apps#automatically-install-apps-...

Hope this helps.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for a quick response! I forgot to mention that I do have all the proper licenses, all our users have Power BI pro and I also have access to premium capacity. I didn't think was a particularly unusual request when I started looking at it, but I am starting to realize that MS do not have a (good) solution to this. Like I said, I am not very eager to push out this as an app to everyone but I will take a look at your posted link to see if I can share the app throughout the organization without actually having my users install it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors