Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Embed Paginated Reports Not Viewable

I have about 40-50 reports I've migrated from our old Sharepoint 2010 to our Sharepoint Online via Power BI Report Builder and publishing up to the Power BI Service and then to our Sharepoint Online site via File > Embed (see below, picture 1A) once the report loads in Power BI Service. The account I'm using to create and publish the accounts is a Premium User License account. I thought when I publish on the Sharepoint site (see below, picture 2A) the users who have at least a Free Power BI License would be able to at the very least see the report without being able to edit it or anything like that, however that's not appearing to be the case. Is there a way to push out a paginated report from a premium license account which would allow free license individuals to at least view the reports?

1A

jeypowell10_2-1659975883843.png

2A:

jeypowell10_1-1659975214856.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @Anonymous ,

The rule of thumb is that a user has to have a Pro license to have anything shared with them - whether that is embedded somewhere, in Teams or elsewhere.  The exception is that if they are part of a Premium tenant, then they can be given access.

So, you did answer your question - a free user can really only see their own stuff (in My Workspace) and they can't share their stuff nor can they view other reports/apps.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should have included this as well, below is the message they get when they try to view the reports.

jeypowell10_0-1659976853501.png

I've read numerous things where it says if you push it out from a premium user license account, only premium license accounts can see the reports. Similarily, if you have a pro license pushing out reports; pro and premium users are able to see the reports. I'm sure I just answered my own question, but I would have thought free users could at least just simply view the report(s)

Hey @Anonymous ,

The rule of thumb is that a user has to have a Pro license to have anything shared with them - whether that is embedded somewhere, in Teams or elsewhere.  The exception is that if they are part of a Premium tenant, then they can be given access.

So, you did answer your question - a free user can really only see their own stuff (in My Workspace) and they can't share their stuff nor can they view other reports/apps.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I figured that would be the case, but I appreciate the response and additional clarity as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors