Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TAXIMAN888
Frequent Visitor

Embed Codes in Internal Email

When you create embed codes, there is a message that the link is not to be used in internal e-mail. When the code is created, there is a code for pasting in e-mail and one for posting to the web. We paste the codes in e-mails in our organization. Are we doing something wrong? We are using free accounts, but pursuing licenses with IT at this time.

7 REPLIES 7
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @TAXIMAN888  ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark the proper reply as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

PBI Message.JPG

Embed Code Message.JPG

This message when you get the embed code states that you can share it in email.

So, if I share an embed code with someone who does not have a license, and I am not worried about security in that instance, am I doing something wrong? At my organization, I am pursuing licenses for a few users and trying to get the company to use PowerBI more widely. In the meantime I am using the free version and sharing embed codes through e-mail. Can I continue to do that? The messages seem to conflict.

@TAXIMAN888 

There is no security for that URL. You can't specify who can we that. Suppose, your recipient sharing the URL with some other person, they can also view that. So consider this aspect before using that.  

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate with a kudos
🙂

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TAXIMAN888 ,

Currently, users can select the Embed option to open a dialog that provides a link and an iFrame you can use to embed the report securely. See more about Embed: Embed a report in a secure portal or website. To view the embedded report, users need either a Power BI Pro license or the content needs to be in a workspace that's in a Power BI Premium capacity (EM or P SKU).

99.png

While there is no a message that the link is not to be used in internal e-mail. Could you please show us your message page in screenshot for further analysis?

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

@TAXIMAN888 

I assume that you are referring to Publish to Web feature. It is not a secure method. There is no authentication for viewing the report. Whoever having the link can access the report without login. That's why you are getting a warning message. If your data is confidential then don't use this feature.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-publish-to-web

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate with a kudos
🙂

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors