Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Teodor_TRU
Frequent Visitor

Embed Code for only one tab of the report

Hello,

I am trying to embedd a Power Bi report into Sharepoint, but only for a specific tab within it.

1. Is it possible to have a multiple reports linked to the same instance of Data set? (So schedule refresh needs only to be done once)

2. If not, is there any workaround?

Thank you,

Teodor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Teodor_TRU

Yes this can be done, by first publishing up a report and dataset to the Power BI Service.

When you publish this dataset you can then schedule the refreshing etc.

Once that is done, you can then go back into Power BI Desktop and connect directly to the above dataset in the service.

Here are additional details on how to achive this: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/connecting-to-datasets-in-the-power-bi-service-from-desktop...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Teodor_TRU

Yes this can be done, by first publishing up a report and dataset to the Power BI Service.

When you publish this dataset you can then schedule the refreshing etc.

Once that is done, you can then go back into Power BI Desktop and connect directly to the above dataset in the service.

Here are additional details on how to achive this: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/connecting-to-datasets-in-the-power-bi-service-from-desktop...

Power BI Blog

Hello @GilbertQ,

Your solution does exactly what I asked for, thank you!

Although, would you happen to have an alternative to having to recreate a new report from scratch? I tried taking my original report, saving it as, but when I try to connect it I get the following error : "The connection live option for this file is disabled bcause it already contains data from another data source. You cannot explore...".

Is there any way I can "disconnect" it so I dont need to re-create the report?

Thank you,

Teodor

Hi @Teodor_TRU

Firstly glad that it is working as you wanted it to.

Secondly I do not think it is possible when doing this from the Original report, because you have to start somewhere.

Power BI Blog

pimo
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I'm in a similar situation.

Is there any solution to this error?

error: "The connection live option for this file is disabled bcause it already contains data from another data source. You cannot explore...".

I don't want to recreate the entire report from zero...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors