Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NovaBI
Helper V
Helper V

Email to Group/App Members? (Only possible for premium workspace?)

Hi peeps,

I am looking for the possibility to write an email/notification to all the members that I granted permission to (Workspace and/or AppWorkspace). Just an email distributor for news/updates e.g.

It's kind of confusing for me, as i do hit the ...-button and press members (in an non-premium workspace), outlooks opens up and provides a contact list with all the members of the only premium workspace that is available. But I want to write an email to all recipients of a non-premium workspace (but everybody is on pro-licenense).

2020-05-19_09h15_07.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well, @NovaBI I would consider creating an Office 365 group. You should be able to use these for both security and email distribution. Create this group, add it as having access to the workspace and remove individual permissions. Also use it for sending emails. Sort of the old way it worked but without the annoying close coupling/integration.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@NovaBI I think what you are seeing is the behavior of old workspaces versus new. Old workspaces created an Office 365 group and membership to the workspace was tied to that group. A lot of people hated this so they changed it so that Office 365 groups were not automatically created for new workspaces.

Latest book!:

Howdy Greg,

okay thanks for the answer!

So no way in the "new" logic for getting a message to all users? Do I need to create a distribution list in Outlook itself so?

Thanks again

Well, @NovaBI I would consider creating an Office 365 group. You should be able to use these for both security and email distribution. Create this group, add it as having access to the workspace and remove individual permissions. Also use it for sending emails. Sort of the old way it worked but without the annoying close coupling/integration.

Latest book!:

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors