Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nborn1
Frequent Visitor

Email subscriptions stopped working at the beginning of May

We set up multiple users with report subscriptions in April, to receive them on a daily basis. The service was working correctly until the beginning of May. Now, when I go look at their settings, they have no subscriptions saved. Do they have to re-subscribe every month?

5 REPLIES 5
sirui_sun
Employee
Employee

Hello! 

Once a subscription is created, it should persist unless the creator removes it. 

The only exception is if the report page is renamed. In that case, the subscription will be lost and must be recreated. Did this happen with the report in question?

-Sirui

@sirui_sun

We are still experiencing issues with report subscriptions sticking. After the issue at the beginning of May, our managers went in and re-subscribed to their reports. They received them for a few days and now they are not receiving them again. What information can I provide to try to get this resolved? Refreshing the report from PowerBI desktop should not break the subscription link, should it?

Unfortunately, I wish that was the case because it would solve the problem. I am the only one that manages this report and the report page has not been renamed. Any other suggestions?

@nborn1 Sounds like a bug. You could add it to the issues section to try to get more visibility and it will allow others to add a their upvote if they are experiancing the same issue. http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer thank you for the tip, I have posted it to the issues section as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors