Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pbi_106
Helper I
Helper I

Email subscriptions for multi-tab reports

I'm able to see that by subscribing to a Power BI report, I can set it up to email me on a schedule.  I'm running into difficulties with a report that has multiple tabs, whose data depends on a customer that is selected from a drop-down in the first tab.  When trying to set up the subscription, the only option I seem to have in the "Report page" drop down is the very first tab (the one that contains nothing but a customer drop down). 

1) How can I select the other tabs as well?

2) How do I go about filtering the data that will get emailed from those tabs?

3) If I have a tab that contains sales order information for several sales reps, can I set up a subscription that can filter the data down per rep and send it to those rep emails dynamically based on the data set (as opposed to using an Active Directory group or individual email)?

I appreciate the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pbi_106 ,

1.If you want to subscribe a report with multiple pages in a single subscription, to my knowledge,it is currently not supported.

2.Currently, subscriptions sent are based on the last saved state only and not filtered data. This is right now a limitation in Power BI.

Please vote for the similar ideas as shown below in Power BI forum which has been submitted to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Subscribe to email snapshots of reports in *specific filter/slicer states*

Report subscriptions and filters

Subscription filters

3. According to the official document,——For paginated and Power BI report email subscriptions, if the dataset uses row-level security (RLS), you can create subscriptions for yourself and others. Those subscriptions will run using your security context.

Email subscription with dynamic RLS from recipient Email ID

Refer to:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/e-mail-subscriptions-with-row-level-security/td-p/869918

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Email-subscription-with-filters-applied-sends-out-the-snaps...

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pbi_106
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for the response Evelyn, this is some good info.

Regarding #1, how would I set up a subscription in which, say, only the second tab is sent?  Is this possible?

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pbi_106 ,

1.If you want to subscribe a report with multiple pages in a single subscription, to my knowledge,it is currently not supported.

2.Currently, subscriptions sent are based on the last saved state only and not filtered data. This is right now a limitation in Power BI.

Please vote for the similar ideas as shown below in Power BI forum which has been submitted to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Subscribe to email snapshots of reports in *specific filter/slicer states*

Report subscriptions and filters

Subscription filters

3. According to the official document,——For paginated and Power BI report email subscriptions, if the dataset uses row-level security (RLS), you can create subscriptions for yourself and others. Those subscriptions will run using your security context.

Email subscription with dynamic RLS from recipient Email ID

Refer to:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/e-mail-subscriptions-with-row-level-security/td-p/869918

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Email-subscription-with-filters-applied-sends-out-the-snaps...

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors