Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Narukkp
Helper V
Helper V

Email subscription based on supervisor related resource details

Hi Team,

I have one report and i need to mail  the report to supervisor on daily basis. I have one table called Employee and this table having the Employee details & there supervisor details. 

Now my requirement is  need to sent a mail to each supervisor with his resource details. i.e as per below mail we need to sent a AC supervisor with A,C resource details and sent a BD supervisor with B,D resource details...

How we can achieve this each supervisor resource details using paginated or power bi

EmployeeNameDeptSupervisorSales
AHRAC100
BAdminBD200
CHRAC300
DAdminBD400
EITF500

2 REPLIES 2
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Narukkp ,

As of now, email subscription doesn't support RLS. Considerations and troubleshooting Here is an idea for you to upvote: Subscribe others to emails for reports or dashboards that have RLS.

As a workaround,  you can applied the subscriptions for specific reports for each supervisor.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hi,

@v-deddai1-msft  

I have enabled the RLS in power bi report and it is working as expected at power bi service level but we required email subscription to the users and able to see their own data in attachment . So we have created the paginated report based on power bi RLS enabled report and it is also working as expected at service level but when we subscribe the report, user is able to see the entire data instead of his own data in attachment.

Can anyone help me on this can we achieve this or is there any workaround to see the users their own data in attachment.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors