Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

karo
Post Patron
Post Patron

Email notification when report refresh

Hi,

Does anyone know the way to set up an email notofication when REPORT is refreshed ? It seems that subscriptions work only once a day, but I need to send email notification to Business Owner every time when data set has been refreshed.

Any hints?

Regards,

Karo

7 REPLIES 7
mathapatipooja
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I would also like to know if there is a way to send email via outlook (to stakeholders) on Power BI refresh. Couldnt find any solution yet in Power BI or Power automate templates. Please help

Thanks

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @karo ,

As far as I know, it's only supported to send refresh failure notification currently.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@karo - Please have a look at below posts, although they dont seem much promising -

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Refresh-notification-email/td-p/603119

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Refreshed-notification-mail-send-at-a-particular-time/td-p/...

You can also post an idea for the same.

Appreciate your kudos!! Mark this post as solution if this helps.

Thanks @Anonymous , I saw both post before I post a question, however they are not covering several refreshes during the day 😞 I have also checked Power Automate, however, so far no solution from my end.

Anyone?

Regards,

Karo

Anonymous
Not applicable

@karo - Yeah, as far as I think, there is not any solution atm.

Alternatively you can set data alerts if you can consider this.

Hit the Thumbs Up button if you find this informative. Mark this post as solution if it helps.

Yes @Anonymous , I have tried with allerts, even by creating Dashoard on top of the report, however currently alers are also limited (treshold only above/below what is not the best in case of checking data set  refresh changes and also working in 1 hours intervals (I think) what is not so helpful) 😞

let's hope for a solution in near future 

Regards,

Karo

Anonymous
Not applicable

@karo Sure, You can post this idea here- https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Custom-Visuals-Ideas/idb-p/CustomVisualsIdeas

Appreciate your kudos!! Mark this post as solution if it helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors