Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JimmyCeron_PBI1
Frequent Visitor

Email Subscriptions to PowerBI reports

Hello,

I have hundreds of subscriptions to PowerBI reports set up by an owner that is leaving the company. Does this means I will have to create all those subscriptions all over again under the new ownership? It seems very impractical that Microsoft wouldn't think about this situation becasue I have  looking for a solution, and I don't seem to find any feasible solution.

I am only able to see the subscriptions I have created, but how do I manage subscriptions crteated by other owners when they are in  PTO or leave the company?

Thanks in advance for any advice : )

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

This can be done via Rest API, Get list of all subscriptions and then Create them with API altogether.  This may need someone with Rest API coding knowledge :

https://app.swaggerhub.com/apis/microsoft-rs/PBIRS/2.0#/Subscriptions/GetSubscriptions

Also as a best practice if you create subscriptions for your users please use a service account/ master account to create those rather than individual.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

May I ask if your problem has been solved? Is the above answer helpful to you?
If it helps, could you please mark the response which help as Answered since it is working now? It will help the others in the community find the solution easily if they face the same problem with you. Thank you.

No, unfortunately I have not been able to implement it just yet because I am waiting for my company to get a license for the service account where I will be pouring all my subscriptions.

But I have tested the API already and it is a great solution.

Thanks so much.

JimmyCeron_PBI1
Frequent Visitor

Yes, from now on, we are going to move all subscriptions to a service account, but I want to avoid having to create all those subscriptions all over again in that account. 

I will check out the link you sent.

Thanks for your prompt response : )

Hello, 

So this API service you provided, is it a free tool, or do I sign up or download it? I can see that this would be a good solution for me.  Could you elaborate please?

Thank you.

Yes its Open Source so you can register and use for now. Also if someone knows .net coding, you may ask to code this same on your local using power BI Rest API from scratch.

Awesome!!

I will use this for now since I need an urgent solution!😀

Thanks so much for all the help! ; )

AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

This can be done via Rest API, Get list of all subscriptions and then Create them with API altogether.  This may need someone with Rest API coding knowledge :

https://app.swaggerhub.com/apis/microsoft-rs/PBIRS/2.0#/Subscriptions/GetSubscriptions

Also as a best practice if you create subscriptions for your users please use a service account/ master account to create those rather than individual.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors