cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ger Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Email Subscriptions Public Preview Feedback

Hi @sirui_sun

Still no change in this behaviour - subscription done, nothing received.

What news on a fix?

Rgards

Ger

BaBallero Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I do have similar Problems with email subsicriptions as described before. I receive mails, but in the snapshots not all visuals are loaded. Today I tested 2 subscritions, but viewing both mails on an iOS device, they both show an old (it´s from last week) sreenshot of the card of the first subscription. Viewing the same mails in Outlook I can see parts (as described not all visuals are shown) of the wanted card in the 2. mail.

Regards

BaBallero

Frequent Visitor

Hi,

today I got the right things to see in Outlook, but still the wrong card on the iPhone. Then I sent this wrong page from the iPhone to another Mail Adress I own and viewed it in Outlook. Now it is the right card, but all visuals show Zeros.

Regards

BaBallero

Power BI Team sirui_sun
Power BI Team

Hey all -

First off, big thanks to everyone for the feedback.

As we progress through public preview of email subscriptions, we've been hard at work improving the feature based on your suggestions. Below, I'll summarize the work that's in the pipeline:

RE text being too small or hard to read

We have a fix coming soon which will make the image larger, and also sharpen the fonts.

RE consistently not receiving the e-mail

In this case, what's likely happening is that your account's User Principal Name (UPN) is not configured to receive email. Power BI currently only sends email subscriptions to your UPN. We are planning to fix this in the near future, so that emails get sent to accounts whose emails address are not the same as their UPN.

RE emails with some visuals not loaded

We've already made some fixes which greatly decrease how often this happens. Let us know if you're still encountering this problem!

RE subscriptions for dashboards, subscribing others

We're working hard on these features - more details to come.

As always, thanks all for your support, and let us know if you have any further questions or requests for this feature.

-Sirui

Super User I
Super User I

@sirui_sunI've noticed the improvement to the loading problem. I am now getting consistently complete emails for all my test subscriptions. Once some of the other improvements you mentioned are in place and stable (readability/size, subscribing other users) I will be ready to roll this out for my users. Looking good so far!

Did I answer your question? Please mark it as a solution.

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Frequent Visitor

RE emails with some visuals not loaded:

When I first look at the mail via iPhone everything is fine. When I then put the mail into another folder and have a look at it again it shows old data.

Regards
eitanl Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi, any news about the ability to subscribe others to emails?

Power BI Team sirui_sun
Power BI Team

Hey all - 

I am excited to announce that we have just released the ability to subscribe to dashboards! Check out the announcement here.

Please leave your feedback below!

-Sirui

drop Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I subscribed to a couple of reports months ago. I regularly received the reports via email in the first days then I stopped received them. I see from Power BI service that those subscriptions are already active. I just tried to subscribe to a dashboard (great feature) but I didn't received the email even if I updated the data set.
Please note that I'm using an onmicrosoft.com email and I can't see the emails in the Microsoft Mail panel. Di you have suggestions on how to fix it and start receiving email subscriptions again?

Thank you,
Giordano
Canvas Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi

Running multiple subscriptions to reports and dashboards, the service is mixing up all the dashboards and reports inconsistently. hardly ever reciving a correct email.

Best feature ever in terms of pushing adoption to clients, but not working yet.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're celebrating the start of the New Super User season with our first ever Super User 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

We are super excited for our update this month, as we are releasing two of our top community requests!

Power Platform Online Conference

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors