cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexSPY Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Email Subscriptions Public Preview Feedback

Hi @sirui_sun. I'm unable to generate any emails. I've tested refreshing my dataset and made sure that the data changes, but I'm not seeing anything show up. I'm currently doing On Demand refresh and am curious if that's causing any problem?

Power BI Team sirui_sun
Power BI Team

Hey alexSPY - 

I'm sorry to hear that. On-demand refresh should absolutely trigger the scheduled e-mail.

I assume you've already checked your spam and clutter e-mail folders?

If so, another question for you: do you happen to know your account's User Principal Name, and whether it's the same as your e-mail address?

-Sirui

alexSPY Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thanks a lot for the response. I did check all of my email folders where it could have landed, including clutter and spam. I also verified that my principal name is the same as my email address.

Any other ideas? I refreshed again last night and still did not get any email.

ger Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @sirui_sun

I have experienced same problem - dataset has refreshed but no emails, nothing in spam dirs, clutter etc.

Super User I
Super User I

I reported this in the comments to the developer blog announcement but I might as well bring it up here to see if anyone else is experiencing it:

I tried subscribing to a page that has a lot of cards, which sometimes takes up to 20 seconds to fully load in a browser. My daily emails from this page invariably have only half the cards loaded, with the rest obviously still working on it when the snapshot was taken. So that's useless. I might as well get nothing in the email if I can't get the whole page.

Did I answer your question? Please mark it as a solution.

Proud to be a Datanaut!
alexSPY Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

At least something is being delivered to you...

ger Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi Alex,

If you look at the details of teh gateway refresh to see who it is configured by, do you see your org email address or your alternative address?

Configured by in the gateway refresh is picking up my alternative email address instead of organsiational.

Could service be picking up the incorrect email details causing both problems?

Regards Ger

alexSPY Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi @ger. Thanks for the suggestion, but as I'm using an import, and not a direct query, I don't have any Gateways configured.

numerouno Visitor
Visitor

Embedded image is too small, I need to be able to adjust the size of content which renders in email.

djdragius Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I recreated several dashboards to get emails to look better, but they are still too small to see the text well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

January 2020 Community Highlights

January 2020 Community Highlights

Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!

Top Solution Authors