cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Email Subscriptions Public Preview Feedback

Thanks for reporting this! Will we look into it.

Would be great if you could share the relevant images with me, please send to ellbe@microsoft.com

Sivasuba1
Frequent Visitor

Hi Ellbe,

I have just sent an email with screenshots of both outlook and iphone mail app version. Please let me know your feedback.

Highly appreciated for looking into this!

Thanks,
Abi

hankakuse
Regular Visitor

I'm having the exact same issue,  let me know if you would like another example

Microsoft
Microsoft

Thanks for reporting this! we are in the middle of investigating hte issue and would appreciate your input. Can you please send the details to ellbe@microsoft.com?

CMSAustralia

Hello, 

I have recently started using power bi and the feature are good but very limiting. 

With the subscription, I would like to configure the template that is being used for people who subscript to my report or dashboard. 

Or 

I just want the subscribers to receive the image only.  None of the additional context in the body just the report. (that is, the attached email as the body.)

gh_de
Frequent Visitor

Hi there, 

E-Mail Subscription doesn't work with a report based on "Power BI Service" as a datasource (like in https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-report-lifecycle-datasets/). 

Maybe the trigger that the underlying dataset has been updated is missing?

dnewton Helper II
Helper II

I've noticed that the email's received differ from the actual dashboard.

For example, on my dashboard I have a table with figures which is current, however, despite this being current the email subscription often shows outdated figures (from the day before).

I'm unsure what the cause of this is - the dashboard itself is accurate but the email subscription is often outdated or only parts of it are accurate - strangely *some* tables are often current with others outdated, never the entire thing.

I really like the idea of email subscription's but at the moment the accuracy of the subscription appears to be wrong as it is often outdated.

Microsoft
Microsoft

Thanks for reaching out! We would love to investigate the issue you are having.
Could you please contact us via mpbisup@microsoft.com with the details, and preferably the relevant PBIX file?

Thanks,
Ella

Rsanjuan Helper IV
Helper IV

@ellbe and @sirui_sun

I have a report that has multiple subscribed to it.  One person is able to view the snapshot on the email and open up the attachment to see the pic.  However, the two other people subscribed to it are getting a blank pic.   However, when they log in they are able to view the report.  What would cause this?

Capture.JPG

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Rsanjuan,

Can you please forward us such an email to mpbisup@microsoft.com. We will reply from there and continue the invetigations.

Thanks,

- ron

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

April 2020 Community Highlights

April 2020 Community Highlights

Info on our Super Users, MBAS content and badges, and updates to our support articles. - Read the full Community Highlights.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.