cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
28green Visitor
Visitor

Re: Email Subscription attachment is a blank image

I basically received the same reply:

This is a known issue and the Dev team is in the process of migrating all the clusters to Chromium in the month of August. All the cxs are now on Phantomjs and there is a feature which will replace this in future (probably in August) which is Chromium. The reason for the issue persistence is due to the search engine Phantomjs which needs to be updated and to improve the user experience it will be replaced by Chromium in the month of August.

So I guess we're waiting until some point in August for it to start working again.

dnewton Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

August feels like a very long time (as I keep saying, I've had issues for nearly 1 year with some tiles rendering blank but never the full report).

I'm confused why suddenly the entire email service seems to have stopped working rendering completely, given this is seemingly the case I think Microsoft need to consider bringing the migration to Chromium forward since the email subscriptions are now totally not working. Presumably the August release was to allow a slow migration to prevent major disruption if it went wrong, yet nothing is working right now anyway.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also having this issue since last week.. 

Microsoft should prioritize this because as already mentioned this is a service outage, not just a  "small" problem.

Hello,

Any update on this issue?

geoffwood Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

It's not a solution, and may not work in all scenarios, but I have found that subscribing to a Report rather than a dashboard still works as expected, so I've been using that as a work around

Yes, I'm doing the same for the report. 

But it is limited in size, not suitable for email like on the dashboard. 

I tried to adjust the size of the graphics and it was lousy to read when I get the email. 

dnewton Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Status page at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ has now been updated to show the issue (again):

"Users subscribing to emails that include screenshots of their dashboards may be seeing blank images of their dashboards in the emails. Engineers are deploying fix. Next update @7/6/2018 14:00 PDT."

Latest update from my ticket shows the ETA for fix is still August:

"My sincere apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I have confirmed with my product team that we have to wait till the next month for a fix.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, the outage information on this is placed back into our support page for reference. Appreciate your patience."

dnewton Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Subscription emails are once again rendering for me.

I still have some blank tiles however the actual email is no longer rendered totally blank.

An improvement!

prihana Member

Just got the confirmation from Power BI support team that the fix has been deployed.

For the issue of Users subscribing to emails that include screenshots of their dashboards may be seeing blank images of their dashboards in the emails. Fix has been deployed at 7/6/2018 17:00 PDT. Engineers verifying that the fix is effective. Next update @7/9/2018 12:00 PDT.

View solution in original post

luis13867 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hello all,

I am getting this issue again for a dashboard that receive by email. Is anybody facing similar problems again? Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 358 members 3,578 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: