Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

prihana
Helper V
Helper V

Email Subscription attachment is a blank image

Hi,

The email i received from Subscribe to Reports/Dashboard delivered with a blank grey coloured atatchment. 

Capture.PNG

Both the attachment and the image inserted into the body were blank. It was working fine till yesterday.

But on PowerBI service the dashboard is loading smoothly.

Any idea on any fixes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just got the confirmation from Power BI support team that the fix has been deployed.

For the issue of Users subscribing to emails that include screenshots of their dashboards may be seeing blank images of their dashboards in the emails. Fix has been deployed at 7/6/2018 17:00 PDT. Engineers verifying that the fix is effective. Next update @7/9/2018 12:00 PDT.

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
vsmurli
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Add me to the list of people experiencing this issue.

Here is my Dashboard Subscription Email Body (not good!)

Dashboard in Email Body - 2019-02-19.GIF

Here is the Email Attachment (not good!)

Dashboard in Email Attachment - 2019-02-19.GIF

Here is the Dashboard in the PowerBI Service after clicking "Go to the dashboard" button within the email from the first snapshot above.

It is looks fine?It is looks fine?

Any ideas on what might be going wrong?  Till this issue is resolved, I can't confidently have consumers subscribing to this dashboard if they are going to receive blank emails.

For clarification, the above post is from the App, not the App Workspace.
ricgar

Hi

I have started getting the same grey image in a subscription all of a sudden on a dashbaord that was working last friday without any problem. However from Monday it started with grey images in the subscription and this is still ongoing. However it is not all my subscriptions that are doing it, it is random subscriptions that are causing it.

Any expectation as to what the problem is that is causing it and any possible resolution?

Thanks

I would recommend to open a support ticket with power bi [if you have power bi pro is free].

back in June 2018, the issue for me was related to a power bi patch they were working on it.... "due to the search engine Phantomjs which needs to be updated and to improve the user experience it will be replaced by Chromium in the month of August." and they provided to me with a tactical solution, but was dealt via the support they provide (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/ and I report an issue, etc. They should contact you straight away). 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This just started happening to me yesterday. Has anyone else experienced this issue post-patch?

I never got any update to my ticket with Power Bi Pro support despite chasing in October and November, the last response I had was September!

I only have a single report now with rendering issues. I really hope this problem isn’t returning again... I will keep an eye out and update if I notice blank reports.
dnewton
Helper II
Helper II

Status page at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ has now been updated to show the issue (again):

"Users subscribing to emails that include screenshots of their dashboards may be seeing blank images of their dashboards in the emails. Engineers are deploying fix. Next update @7/6/2018 14:00 PDT."

Latest update from my ticket shows the ETA for fix is still August:

"My sincere apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I have confirmed with my product team that we have to wait till the next month for a fix.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, the outage information on this is placed back into our support page for reference. Appreciate your patience."

Subscription emails are once again rendering for me.

I still have some blank tiles however the actual email is no longer rendered totally blank.

An improvement!

Just got the confirmation from Power BI support team that the fix has been deployed.

For the issue of Users subscribing to emails that include screenshots of their dashboards may be seeing blank images of their dashboards in the emails. Fix has been deployed at 7/6/2018 17:00 PDT. Engineers verifying that the fix is effective. Next update @7/9/2018 12:00 PDT.

Hello all,

I am getting this issue again for a dashboard that receive by email. Is anybody facing similar problems again? Thank you

I am seeing a similar issue where the images are there but blank

dnewton
Helper II
Helper II

August feels like a very long time (as I keep saying, I've had issues for nearly 1 year with some tiles rendering blank but never the full report).

I'm confused why suddenly the entire email service seems to have stopped working rendering completely, given this is seemingly the case I think Microsoft need to consider bringing the migration to Chromium forward since the email subscriptions are now totally not working. Presumably the August release was to allow a slow migration to prevent major disruption if it went wrong, yet nothing is working right now anyway.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also having this issue since last week.. 

Microsoft should prioritize this because as already mentioned this is a service outage, not just a  "small" problem.

Hello,

Any update on this issue?

It's not a solution, and may not work in all scenarios, but I have found that subscribing to a Report rather than a dashboard still works as expected, so I've been using that as a work around

Yes, I'm doing the same for the report. 

But it is limited in size, not suitable for email like on the dashboard. 

I tried to adjust the size of the graphics and it was lousy to read when I get the email. 

Gabreezy03

Hello Microsoft,

Any update on this issue?

Hi,

Please create a support ticket here.

create ATicket

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have raised a ticket as requested, but I'm not sure why it is necessary for me to do this and create more work for us all (raising tickets) when Microsoft already seem to be aware (the status update which has since been removed without further update).

Again really poor communication from Microsoft. Microsoft really need to just aknowledge there's a big problem with email subscriptions and post proper updates to the product status page. I've had tickets raised since last year about issues with email subscriptions.

Same do I, I created a support ticket but I don't see the point. It is communication / progress / resolution of a known issue more than an individual issue

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors