Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

prihana
Helper V
Helper V

Email Subscription attachment is a blank image

Hi,

The email i received from Subscribe to Reports/Dashboard delivered with a blank grey coloured atatchment. 

Capture.PNG

Both the attachment and the image inserted into the body were blank. It was working fine till yesterday.

But on PowerBI service the dashboard is loading smoothly.

Any idea on any fixes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just got the confirmation from Power BI support team that the fix has been deployed.

For the issue of Users subscribing to emails that include screenshots of their dashboards may be seeing blank images of their dashboards in the emails. Fix has been deployed at 7/6/2018 17:00 PDT. Engineers verifying that the fix is effective. Next update @7/9/2018 12:00 PDT.

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36

I agree, it's the lack of communication that's the most frustrating part. The issue itself I can live with (all my users have access to their reports via the Power BI Service so the lack of email subscription is inconvenient but not the end of the world).

What frustrates me is lack of communication/updates/transparency from the Power BI team.

Update from Power BI team to my ticket:

Thanks a lot for sharing the details. Our produce team has identified this as an on-going issue. We sincere apologize for the inconvenience caused and this issue is identified to be caused due to some internal bug  hugely impacting the search engine (Phantomjs) and our product team are in the process of migrating all the affected cluster regions to “Chromium” search engine after August. For now that search engine is in still preview and that is the reason it is costing more time to be released and deployed into fix. Please let us know if you are ok to wait till the fix will be deployed (atleast two month from now), so that our product team will add the existing data cluster into the deployment for fix that will take place atleast two months from now.

I have asked why there's no information about this on the public status page and am awaiting a reply.

I basically received the same reply:

This is a known issue and the Dev team is in the process of migrating all the clusters to Chromium in the month of August. All the cxs are now on Phantomjs and there is a feature which will replace this in future (probably in August) which is Chromium. The reason for the issue persistence is due to the search engine Phantomjs which needs to be updated and to improve the user experience it will be replaced by Chromium in the month of August.

So I guess we're waiting until some point in August for it to start working again.

Ganduglia
Frequent Visitor

Friday 22/June.... Hello Microsoft, any update on this issue? any workaround

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi All,

The engineers are working on the fix. Please refer to https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/.Email Subscription attachment is a blank image.PNG

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, it's now 21-6-2018, and the awareness message is now gone. But we still are getting blank email subscriptions. Deleting and recreating the subscription does not help. Please fix this returning issue for everyone and forever.

My earlier message seems to have not posted for some reason.

I'm still seeing the same problem and find it frustrating that the awareness message is gone. This goes back to what I mentioned before about poor communication.

Given there's been issues with email subscriptions for nearly 1 year now (I've had tickets open with Microsoft to prove this), can Microsoft please consider adding this to "Service Outage/Degradation"....

This is no longer an "awareness", your service is seveearly degraded email subscriptions are simply NOT working right now.

Hi All,

I know, my processes occur by automatic email subscriptions, and I'm manually sending to clients, thi is terrible because I spend hours. I've already tried uninstalling, installing recent version, creating new subscriptions, and problem persists. 

Please develop the solution, or so that we can extend subscriptions in the report so that the images as well as the dashboard are readable.

Because when we create subscriptions on a report page, the email we receive is unreadable and too small. 

Best Regards

@v-jiascu-msft

Do you have an update?

The status page now has nothing under "awareness" yet I've just received my subscription emails and yet again they're blank.

This goes back to what I was saying about poor communication. The issue isn't resolved so why has the "awareness" been removed.

Personally I feel that the email rendering issues need to be listed under "Service Outage/Degradation", I've had problems (aknowledged by Microsoft) going back a year now. Granted not to the current extent but I've had random blank tile issues for a very long time.

Hi All,

Any news?

Thank you

It was fixed for a short period of time, but agian it stopped working.

dnewton
Helper II
Helper II

I've had issues with email subscriptions going back almost a year now (either delayed, not received at all or rendered with blank tiles).

I'm now seeing the same issue as reported above. I have to say the email service is very unreliable, especially for paying customers on pro licences.

The last update I had from Microsoft was "we are still working on the chrome transition and making it stable under Production load. It is currently flighted on MSIT at 100% and we will be moving forward with gradually enabling the feature on Prod with 20, 50 and 100% exposure every week.

ETA: 3rd Aug"

This ETA keeps being extended with no end in sight and now emails are rendering totally blank for the last few days.

I don't understand why there's no service announcement on https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ "No known issues: Power BI is running smoothly" - this is most certainly not "running smoothly".

Don't get me wrong, I really like Power BI but there's a huge service failure with email subscriptions and a big lack of communication from Microsoft as to what's going on.

prihana
Helper V
Helper V

I have contacted Microsoft support on this and they will get back to me today. Ill update the outcome.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have the same issue, but on only 2 of my subscriptions the rest of my reports are OK.

any ideas?

geoffwood
Frequent Visitor

Same here. Subscriptions to Reports appear fine, but dashboards are blank

Drobinson1
Helper III
Helper III

I am having the same issue now.  Started this week.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors