cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
prihana Member

Email Subscription attachment is a blank image

Hi,

The email i received from Subscribe to Reports/Dashboard delivered with a blank grey coloured atatchment. 

Capture.PNG

Both the attachment and the image inserted into the body were blank. It was working fine till yesterday.

But on PowerBI service the dashboard is loading smoothly.

Any idea on any fixes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
prihana Member

Re: Email Subscription attachment is a blank image

Just got the confirmation from Power BI support team that the fix has been deployed.

For the issue of Users subscribing to emails that include screenshots of their dashboards may be seeing blank images of their dashboards in the emails. Fix has been deployed at 7/6/2018 17:00 PDT. Engineers verifying that the fix is effective. Next update @7/9/2018 12:00 PDT.

36 REPLIES 36
Drobinson1 Member

I am having the same issue now.  Started this week.

geoffwood Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Same here. Subscriptions to Reports appear fine, but dashboards are blank

TeoaJon Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I also have the same issue, but on only 2 of my subscriptions the rest of my reports are OK.

any ideas?

prihana Member

I have contacted Microsoft support on this and they will get back to me today. Ill update the outcome.

dnewton Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I've had issues with email subscriptions going back almost a year now (either delayed, not received at all or rendered with blank tiles).

I'm now seeing the same issue as reported above. I have to say the email service is very unreliable, especially for paying customers on pro licences.

The last update I had from Microsoft was "we are still working on the chrome transition and making it stable under Production load. It is currently flighted on MSIT at 100% and we will be moving forward with gradually enabling the feature on Prod with 20, 50 and 100% exposure every week.

ETA: 3rd Aug"

This ETA keeps being extended with no end in sight and now emails are rendering totally blank for the last few days.

I don't understand why there's no service announcement on https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ "No known issues: Power BI is running smoothly" - this is most certainly not "running smoothly".

Don't get me wrong, I really like Power BI but there's a huge service failure with email subscriptions and a big lack of communication from Microsoft as to what's going on.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi All,

The engineers are working on the fix. Please refer to https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/.Email Subscription attachment is a blank image.PNG

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi All,

Any news?

Thank you

dnewton Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@v-jiascu-msft

Do you have an update?

The status page now has nothing under "awareness" yet I've just received my subscription emails and yet again they're blank.

This goes back to what I was saying about poor communication. The issue isn't resolved so why has the "awareness" been removed.

Personally I feel that the email rendering issues need to be listed under "Service Outage/Degradation", I've had problems (aknowledged by Microsoft) going back a year now. Granted not to the current extent but I've had random blank tile issues for a very long time.

prihana Member

It was fixed for a short period of time, but agian it stopped working.