Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Subscription Not Triggering for Azure AD Groups

I would like to send out an email notification whenever my dataset refreshes (once daily). Previously I have subscribed a long list of users with their individual email addresses to the subscription. I have got it working correctly using individual email addresses, the email notification is received both when ran automatically as well as when I trigger it manually. I have now implemented Azure AD Groups with email forwarding addresses which work correctly when receiving normal email. 

However, the power bi dataset refresh notification will not send to the Azure AD Group addresses when left to do so automatically. Only when I go in manually and click "Run now" will the email send from power bi. The subscription still sends automatically for a single user address. From the email inbox side the external power bi address has been whitelisted and the manually run notifications are received as expected. It is only the automatic triggering that seems to be the problem here. 

I would be very grateful for any help/suggestions here. Thank you in advance!

Have others found microsoft flow to be more reliable than power bi's built in subscription service?

Sharing emails not being received @Seth_C_Bauer 

1 REPLY 1
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have others found microsoft flow to be more reliable than power bi's built in subscription service?

Refresh can be an action in the Microsoft Automate but cannot be a trigger.

1-1.PNG

Do you have a Premium license? Please consider these limitations here.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors