Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Subscription Missing Link To App

I have set up an email subscription to alert all app users that the data has been refreshed every morning. The email used to be sent out with a big yellow button saying "Go to report" which was hyperlinked to the app.

A few days ago without warning the link disappeared from the daily email subscription and when I go into the settings, the option to include a link to the report, is greyed out without reasoning (as shown below).  I have attempted to resolve this both on the production workspace as well as a test workspace I created with no luck either way.

The email subscription goes out to over 80 users who all have a Pro license as well as access to the app.

Furthermore the email subscription has started prepending the word 'Spam' in the email subject - even after adding the address to safe senders list in Outlook (conveniently this never came up during testing).

Email_Notification.PNG

Thanks in advance for any help! 

11 REPLIES 11
sarvapriya
Regular Visitor

Hi all,

Has there been any update from Microsoft on this issue yet?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm unsure about any recent Microsoft updates. 

I found using the built in power bi email notification to be very troublesome so I have resorted to using Microsoft flow instead:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-flow-integration

I've found it to be much more reliable & customisable. I hope this helps!

Thanks heaps! I will give it a go.

rmartin
Frequent Visitor

The "Go to report" link in the email works only when you subscribed from the report page via the workspace group and you click on the option.

If you subscribed to the report from the apps section, the "Also include link to content and give access to this report" will not be available.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi rmartin,

That is correct the link is available when sending the notification from the report in the workspace however it links to the report in the workspace rather than the app which is what I was after originally. The report I'm using is distributed to over 100 users only 10 of which also have workspace access. As mentioned before I'm now realising that microsoft flow is a much better option. 

venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

There would be some issues going on with the Email Subscriprion.

Please refer the "Power Bi Support Page for the known issues".

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Please refer the below snippet to know the "Service Outage".(Enabled)

Service Outage Notification.JPG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

pb1051
Advocate II
Advocate II

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Scheduled resolution is 7th of October.

@Anonymous wrote:

I have set up an email subscription to alert all app users that the data has been refreshed every morning. The email used to be sent out with a big yellow button saying "Go to report" which was hyperlinked to the app.

A few days ago without warning the link disappeared from the daily email subscription and when I go into the settings, the option to include a link to the report, is greyed out without reasoning (as shown below).  I have attempted to resolve this both on the production workspace as well as a test workspace I created with no luck either way.

The email subscription goes out to over 80 users who all have a Pro license as well as access to the app.

Furthermore the email subscription has started prepending the word 'Spam' in the email subject - even after adding the address to safe senders list in Outlook (conveniently this never came up during testing).

Email_Notification.PNG

@Anonymous wrote:

Email_Notification.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has this been fixed for you? It's december already and I noticed that we have the same issue... any workarounds?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, this was fixed by the update in October however I've now come across some other issues. And by the sounds of it it may have reverted back based on what you're saying 

I've resorted to using Microsoft Flow to trigger an email notification (see below) which has been much more reliable so far!

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-flow-integration

gonjo12
Regular Visitor

We are seeing this issue as well. The report subscription email only sends the screenshot of the report, there's no link to the the report.

MEEnergy
Frequent Visitor

I was just going to create this same issue.  I am running into the same thing.  I noticed it started this week and when I go to set up the subscription it is grayed out for me.  There was definitely a change because the checkbox used to just say "Also give access to this report" but now it shows "Also include link to content and give access to this dashboard".  

Email Issue.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors