Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ellipsis (with Export Data) missing from matrix visual

Hello PBI community,

I have created and published an app through the Power BI service that contains some KPI card indicators and a large matrix containing some summarized data. I would like for my users to have the option of downloading the data in the matrix, for further analysis and searchability purposes. However, once my report is published, the elipsis that normally appears when you hover over the matrix in Desktop disappears in the Service, so my users cannot export the data.

I have experimented with using the same dataset on a different PBI file, and I was able to export this other report's matrix in the Service. Is there a local setting somewhere in my first report that is removing the elipsis from my matrix?

1. I am able to export the complete underlying data from my KPI cards

2. I have ensured that the "Allow users to export both summarized and underlying data" is checked in my PBI files

3. I have checked with my system admin, and the "Export Data" is enabled for my entire organization.In the Service, no ellipsis appears when I hover over a matrixIn the Service, no ellipsis appears when I hover over a matrixIn the desktop, the exact same matrix will give me its ellipsis & "export data" optionIn the desktop, the exact same matrix will give me its ellipsis & "export data" option

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous Sorry that you didn't find those. You are at the right place. It's called "Visual Header" if you go further down. This is the last one in that list. 2019-07-15_13-32-53.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Did you check on the Power BI Service under the report settings what the option is there:

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GilbertQ 

I wasn't able to find that setting, actually; I was looking around in my workspace but I couldn't even pull up the report inside the settings menuI have a report in this workspace, but nothing is showing in the "Reports" tab of the settingsI have a report in this workspace, but nothing is showing in the "Reports" tab of the settings

Hi @Anonymous 

Apologies you will find the settings here

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GilbertQ 

Oh, yes I completely forgot about those settings. The option is currently set at 'allow end user to export both summarized and underlying data'.

My current report settingsMy current report settings

This coud be silly but since the whole ellipse is missing, Have you turned more options ON? 

Also if only Export option is missing and you are able to see all the options, check BUILD permissions on the data set. 

2019-07-12_21-06-00.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@deepu299 

That may be the issue, as the ellipsis simply isn't to be found for that specific visual.

Where are those options you have in your screenshot? The only options I know of are the ones as in the screenshot below.

I only know about these visual optionsI only know about these visual options

@Anonymous Sorry that you didn't find those. You are at the right place. It's called "Visual Header" if you go further down. This is the last one in that list. 2019-07-15_13-32-53.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@deepu299 

Yep, turns out I had the visual header turned off completely and that fixed the issue. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors