Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bpn1973
Resolver II
Resolver II

Edited reports aren't published!

Hello!

Will be short.

Updated both PBI Desktop and Gateway (personal) to April releases.

Now after I publish edited/upgraded reports - no changes are seen.

If I publish a report for a first time - everything ok. If I edit that report and publish it - no changes are visible.

Have PPU license. Publish to personal workspace (not all of the report consumers / users have PPU yet).

Personal workspace name was never changed.

Reports are connected to datamodels in Personal workspace.

Before update everything was OK.

Here is a sample test I've made

Connected to datasetConnected to datasetAdded just datesAdded just datesPublished the reportPublished the reportChecked itChecked itAdded a measure to report and uploaded itAdded a measure to report and uploaded itEverything went okEverything went okOpen EDITED report just to see the initial versionOpen EDITED report just to see the initial version

The same problem persists with all the reports I work.

The problem started occuring ONLY AFTER I'VE UPDATED to the latest April release.

UPDATE

Rolling back to the March release did not help.

Tried publishing to premium capacity. Also created additional shared working area.

Results are the same - if report is published for the first time - everything's ok. If an edited version is published - nothing changes and only the initial report is available. It takes around 10 second to publish a 3 meg report. An edited version - 1-2 seconds, i.e. its not actually published.

Any ideas anyone?

3 REPLIES 3
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bpn1973 ,

• Did you republish the edited report to the same workspace?

In this case, since the report share the same name, a prompt box will appear when you want to publish it to the same workspace again:

replace report.jpg

After raplacing the original report , report in service is the newest one.

• Or you just publish it to another workspace ?

Then the two reports are independent and do not affect each other.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Of course I'm publishing report to the same workspace.
The problem occurs ony with reports created from existing datasets. Reports that INCLUDE dataset repalce older versions just fine.

Like I said I've tried publising AND replacing reports in Personal, Premium and Shared capacities.
In all cases results are the same. 

There is no connection which dataset is used. I've tried that with 3 of my datasets ranging from relatively complicated (37 sources and 200+ measures) to quite simple (5 sources and ~20 measures). In all cases initial publishing goes ok and edited file publishing is not actually taking place though desktop says everything's ok.

I've tried REPLACING report file with a newer version using PowerBI Service - Create new content - Files. Didn't help! 

I never get any error messages! On the surface everything's fine
bpn1973
Resolver II
Resolver II

UP

Issue still persists

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors