Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KaD
Frequent Visitor

Edit report function not available anymore

Hi community,

I have report which is published to Power BI Service into an Office365 group. Usually I do some changes to the report in Power BI Service, e.g. creating a copy and building some sub-sets of the overall report.

However, the edit function disappeared.

Am I overseeing something?

Thanks for some support.

kathrin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KaD
Frequent Visitor

P-BIService-EditReport.PNG

Hi,

Now, it is back again.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

I am also looking for "Edit" button on my published report. 

I am the owner but dont know what to do to get that button enabled?

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @KaD,

Are you the owner of the published report hosted in an App group? If not, please contact with the group admin to check whether your account have edit permission to group content.

If the report was published by you, you should have the edit permission theoretically. But you said "creating a copy and building some sub-sets of the overall report", how do you create a copy of report? I can't find this option on service?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yuliana Gu,

I'm together with a colleague owner of the group. As I have also published the report I assume I should have all editing permissions.

Please see screenshot attached: File --> Save as (saves a copy of the report):P-BIService-Menu.PNG

Thanks,

kathrin

KaD
Frequent Visitor

P-BIService-EditReport.PNG

Hi,

Now, it is back again.

I have the same problem. I've used a livestreaming dataset in Power Bi as the source to create a report in the desktop version, and then published it to the service. I want to be able to make some adjustments in the version that I've published to the service, but the option to edit is gone.

Capture.PNG

KaD
Frequent Visitor

Hi ToveHjelm,

in the end I guess it was "just" a matter of displaying the page. When I reduced the screen resolution or the page size with ctrl and scrolling the mouse I was able to see the edit functionality again.

Hope it helps for you too.

Haha, wow, thank you so much, that solved it 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors