Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bhaskar_K1986
Regular Visitor

Edit data set that has incremental refresh enabled in Power BI Service

I built a data set and a report using PBI Desktop. Enabled the incremental refresh and published it to the premium capacity.
In the service, I set up the refresh schedule and everything is up and running great.
However, the problem is that I need to do enhancement on that dataset file without interrupting the dataset file which is in the Power BI service.
If suppose I need to add a column or measure to the existing dataset, how this can be achieved with an incremental refresh?
As I couldn't download the pbix file where it has set with incremental refresh and file size will keep on increasing.
I have a window time of 5 hours to refresh if am going to refresh the dataset file. In the first refresh, it is going to run for complete data from the beginning.
Is there any tool that connects with the Power BI service's existing dataset file and can create columns, tables, or measures without republishing the dataset file.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Happy reading and welcome to the wonderful world of partitions!

Advanced incremental refresh and real-time data with the XMLA endpoint in Power BI - Power BI | Micr...

Thank you for providing alternative solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors