Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

majdkaid22
Helper V
Helper V

Edit Phone View isn't appearing

HI guys,

Anyone else facing issue when Editing the phone view on the service? 

am getting a blank view, although I have widgets in there 

phone view.PNG

I tried Chrome, Edge and cleared all cache. Nothing seem to get it working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@synergised@Burningsuit the problem has been solved for me guys. give it a check at your end. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @majdkaid22,

Which kind of content contained in that dashboard, pinned live page from report or pinned tiles?

Please try to pin a report visual to this dashboard, then back to the dashboard phone view, check if any tile display.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-qiuyu-msft Thanks for your respond 

The contents are pinned tiles. when am navigating to PBI Mobile, I can see the dashboard there, however when am trying to edit the phone view on a web browser on a pc, it's just blank. 

I did as per your suggestion, and pinned a new visual to an existing dashboard. Now  can see it in the Unpinned tiles, but once I pin it to the phone view, it disappear 

phone2.PNG

stangely enough, some dashboards would work on the phone edit if I refresh the browser while on the phone edit, and some other are giving a message of Almost done when refreshing while on phone edit view 

phone3.PNG

Am thinking it could be a bug?

Hi @majdkaid22,

I don't have the same issue on my side. As it said Almost done, did the visual display after waiting for several minutes?

You can run Fiddler with HTTPS encrypt enabled, then repeat the steps to reproduce the issue. Share .saz file here.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-qiuyu-msft I waited for almost 10 mins and it kept saying Almost Done. 

I believe as there is another user reporting the same issue, it could be a bug? 

Same thing happening here.  If I go into a phone view it is blank and non of the tiles are showing. 

Not sure if releated.. tried editing a report and got a message something about new table and matrix visuals... but it flashed too quickly and didn't see the part about what I need to do.

@v-qiuyu-msft Could you kindly update up on this issue?

@synergised@Burningsuit the problem has been solved for me guys. give it a check at your end. 

Hi @majdkaid22,

I was OOF several days and back today. Glad to hear the issue was gone on in your environment. I will mark your reply as an answer to close this thread. If you still have the issue, please feel free let me know.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

working again.. thanks

Yep, thats working for me now. Thanks for letting me know @majdkaid22

I'm getting some problems with phone view too. Firstly I can no longer see "non-data" tiles. If I have a text tile, Image, or video tile it does not show on the Phone view. I'm sure it used too in earlier versions. Also adding new tiles to the dashboard may not show a tile on the phone view. It seems to be having problems with vertical scrolling, if I add tiles that would result in a vertical scroll on the phone, it causes problems

...dashboard viewdashboard viewmobile view - where are the other tiles ?mobile view - where are the other tiles ?

@Burningsuit am getting the same thing with non-data tiles, where they are not showing any longer. I have an image tile as a header, that used to appear in the phone view edit, but it's no more appearing, Although when I navigate from my mobile, I can see it. Pretty much because I did setup these dashboards before the recent update. 

yes @majdkaid22 same for me. The view on the phone shows the non-data tiles, but the "phone View" in service on windows does not. This is a new dashboard created today. I have the problem now that I need to change the view on the phone, I can see it on the phone, bit I can't edit the phone view in service.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors