Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

robarivas
Post Patron
Post Patron

Edit Credentials Hangs

I have a Personal Gateway. It works on other Power BI reports. Just published a new report/dataset. When I choose schedule refresh I see that it "feels" all my credentials are invalid. So I select "Edit Credentials". For most of the sources the only Authentication Method available to choose is WindowsWithoutImpersonation. So I select that and I hit sign in. And then a spinning circle of dots commences that never ends. What am I doing wrong?

Interestingly 2 of the sources (which are listed as "Web") let me choose OAuth as the Authentication Method. For those, when I hit sign in it works. It seems to be the non-Web sources (Excel files in this case) that only allow for WindowsWithoutImpersonation that are the problem.

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @robarivas,

What data source do you use? WindowsWithoutImpersonation Authentication Method use Windows Authentication. When a user connects through a Windows user account, datasouce validates the account name and password using the Windows principal token in the operating system.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hello @v-huizhn-msft

The data sources that "hang" (i.e., the ones that only have WindowsWithoutImpersonation as the Authentication Method) all appear to be Excel files on a corporate server except for one of the sources which is a folder on the corporate network full of csv files.

Hi @robarivas,

It's weird, please confirm the scv file path is right, and you did not get any error information, just a spinning circle of dots commences that never ends? Please create a support ticket on this page for dedicated support.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors