Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

robarivas
Post Patron
Post Patron

Edit Credentials Hangs

I have a Personal Gateway. It works on other Power BI reports. Just published a new report/dataset. When I choose schedule refresh I see that it "feels" all my credentials are invalid. So I select "Edit Credentials". For most of the sources the only Authentication Method available to choose is WindowsWithoutImpersonation. So I select that and I hit sign in. And then a spinning circle of dots commences that never ends. What am I doing wrong?

Interestingly 2 of the sources (which are listed as "Web") let me choose OAuth as the Authentication Method. For those, when I hit sign in it works. It seems to be the non-Web sources (Excel files in this case) that only allow for WindowsWithoutImpersonation that are the problem.

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @robarivas,

What data source do you use? WindowsWithoutImpersonation Authentication Method use Windows Authentication. When a user connects through a Windows user account, datasouce validates the account name and password using the Windows principal token in the operating system.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hello @v-huizhn-msft

The data sources that "hang" (i.e., the ones that only have WindowsWithoutImpersonation as the Authentication Method) all appear to be Excel files on a corporate server except for one of the sources which is a folder on the corporate network full of csv files.

Hi @robarivas,

It's weird, please confirm the scv file path is right, and you did not get any error information, just a spinning circle of dots commences that never ends? Please create a support ticket on this page for dedicated support.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors