Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ADataGuy

Easiest way to share dashboard/reports with EXTERNAL users?

I need to provide several reports to external users and am looking for the simplest way to do this without confusing end-users. Most usage will likely be through a web browser, but it would also be great to view dashboards in the Power BI app on phones.

It seems like a Workspace makes the most sense since I could have multiple Dashboards and Reports in there. However, Workspaces do not seem to be shareable in a straightforward manner with EXTERNAL users via a normal "share". I have to create a user in AzureAD. The user immediately gets an email asking them to register. They can then do that, but potentially get confused because nothing is available to them yet. I then need to add a Power BI Pro license for them in the O365 portal. I then have to put them in a O365 group that the dashboard is shared with.

Is there a better way? Should I create a single dashboard that has links to all the underlying reports and then just share that dashboard, since the Share button DOES allow sharing to external addresses for a Dashboard?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-azure-ad-b2b

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/azure-ad-b2b-guest-users-can-now-edit-and-manage-content-in...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @ADataGuy ,

I'd like to suggest you take a look at power bi embedded, it allow you to embed power bi contents and share.

What is Power BI Embedded?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @ADataGuy ,

I'd like to suggest you take a look at power bi embedded, it allow you to embed power bi contents and share.

What is Power BI Embedded?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors