Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vpray
Helper II
Helper II

ERROR - "We couldn't import data from OneDrive - [group name]"

Has anyone else seen the below error messages when trying to pull a pbix file into the service from a OneDrive for Biz group? Just started today, won't let me connect to any files - even previously working ones. I've already submitted a support req, just trying to figure out if it's a problem on my side or the service.

Thanks!Two BI Import Errors.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vpray
Helper II
Helper II

Looks like all is well this morning, I've uploaded, refreshed, etc. several pbix files with no issues. Thanks all for the input.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
vpray
Helper II
Helper II

Looks like all is well this morning, I've uploaded, refreshed, etc. several pbix files with no issues. Thanks all for the input.

Same issue over here, cant import my workbook

"We couldn't import data from OneDrive - Business

The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity IDab35fbdc-ee3d-499c-84a5-8ed78d0e8ebc
Request ID4f9061a0-19d1-7146-6656-9d1b842e15c6
Correlation ID4e89d6a4-0d45-12c8-8204-76080245ae25
Status code500
TimeSun Nov 06 2016 12:58:37 GMT-0200 (BRST)
Version13.0.1700.537

Having the same issue here. Anyone have a resolution?

I have the same issue as well, status code500.

rhouse
Helper I
Helper I

I am having a similar issue this morning but mine was with loading an excel file from One Drive to be viewed in excel online. I removed the old file from the Reports section and tried to reload it using Get Data. I got the same error you got, but I accidentally hit cancel. Now if I try to load the file again it says that it already exists on PowerBI even though it is not showing under Reports. 

@rhouse@vpray@cheid1977@Anonymous As noted in other threads of this type of issue that I commented in, I submitted a Service Ticket that was responded to quickly that Microsoft is aware of the problem, it is a high priority, and they are working on resolution. I submitted all threads including this one pertaining to the issue.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi, is there a solution already? I encountered it today with importing excel file from local drive. Please advise. 

Thanks @Seth_C_Bauer!! Appreciate the extra help.

In addition, the issue is now front and center on the support page

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
cheid1977
Helper I
Helper I

I am having the same issue. I can't publish from the BI desktop nor can I upload a file to the BI website. Both error with no usefule information as to why the files failed to load. 

vpray
Helper II
Helper II

Update - strangely, the two files that imported OK this morning do not show the schedule refresh options. When I click on schedule refresh in the context menu, it just shows the other usual stuff like OneDrive Refresh, but no Schedule Refresh. And the existing files (before this problem started) still have the usual schedule refresh options. This seems to go along with what @egrunt posted.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok good.  I thought it was just me.  Cant import any files as of yesterday afternoon (4pm eastern)

Edit: my pbix file was a Local File import, not onedrive.  So it seems like a wide spread issue

Update, import, refresh, and publish all seem to be down for me. I have submitted a ticket and recommend you do as well so that the true scope of the problem is known to Microsoft. Hopefully it will encourage a swift resolution.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks @kcantor, I submitted a support ticket yesterday, and sent a frown this morning when trying to publish from desktop. Included a link to this thread in the frown.

vpray
Helper II
Helper II

Update - got two of my four almost identical pbix files to import this morning. The other two won't go. The two that worked would not work yesterday. Tried publishing from pbi desktop this morning, failed also. No idea why two files went OK and the other two did not. One of the two that worked actually failed on first try, then came through on the second try. No word yet from MS support.

egrunt

New import files and Scheduled or Manual Refresh seems to be having issues today. 

zach_fransen
Frequent Visitor

Having issues with importing from Azure Data Warehouse for a previously working report-- started sometime after 6:16AM today. I'm wondering if it may be an issue with their PowerBI->azure services gateway

refreshhistory.PNGondemand error.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors